Model train accessories for grownups

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,464338,00.html
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/09/german_model_railways /
Oh my, the hobby is maturing.
Val

Noch also makes "Sexy Scenes" in N scale. http://www.blwnscale.com/Noch%20Figure%20Sets.htm
Peteski
On 13 Feb 2007 16:06:06 -0800, Peter W. wrote:

When will we see an article in MR on how to animate them using a scavenged beeper vibrate motor?
--
Steve

snipped-for-privacy@commoncast.net says...

One of the models is already animated.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:50:57 -0800, Steve Caple

Steve! I didn't follow the link, but if it refers to the Nuremberg toy show, I saw the article in Der Spiegel last week and apparently the couple on the red blanket comes animated, the article mentioned something about 14 volts AC or DC.......
Franz T
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:25:07 GMT, Franz T wrote:

Oh my - just add one of those white LED "welding" simulators and you could have sparks fly out of his ass - how complete. But first I have to finish paying off my missile launcher and exploding boxcar.
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Now you've done it, Steve. There's Diet Coke all over my keyboard from laughing. Thanks for the laughs!
Bill
I'm showing my age here, but probably back in the mid 1970s, one of the more popular men's magazines (but not Playboy) had a couple pictures of a "brothel car" that someone had modeled in HO scale. It was an old-time passenger car, maybe about a 60 foot one that had a removeable roof. The interior was lavishly decorated to kind of look like Jim West's car on "The Wild, Wild West" and it had about 4-5 rooms with couples "in the act."
Gee, was that really 30+ years ago??!?
dlm

I can see it now. The Lionel Mustang Ranch, Naked Hooker Aquarium Car, The Lionel Inner City Crack House with Puffing Smoke Unit. It's kind of raunchy stuff, so Lionel's utter disregard for quality control might not even be noticed.
I wonder what the Chinese factory workers would think of the assembly line.

And Innovative Train Technology has a sound module, "Romantic Interlude" (#HQ 2010):
http://www.ittsound.com/hqpage.htm
http://www.ittsound.com /
Bill

This is no surprise to those who have seen the layout of the late Pete Ellis. Pete made his own figures, including the famous 'ant-gravity Mountain Goat'.
--

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent

V:
Bah. E. L. Moore had 'em all beat. Right, folks?
Actually, the naked bathers have been available for quite some time, though I hadn't heard of the more, ahem, explicit ones. I do think that most of these scenes would lack the versimilitude of, say, a beat-up sportscar with two all-too-consenting occupants, parked at the end of a seemingly deserted country road which, alas, places them right where the oncoming headlight floods the whole vehicle with revelatory illumination...but you'll have to ask the retired railroaders here about that kind of thing.
I have a 1958 MR which has the then-obligatory (and probably still available in the Weston line, now owned by Campbell) naked female in discovery-aversion pose. I swear, every model railroad back then must have had one of these. (Sadly, the MR staff did not think to include a similarly-posed Slim Pickens on their Blazing Saddles- themed railroad). Let's also pause to remember the Suydam Follies Theater, presenting "Nelda the Nudist - 20 Girls". Nope, these Germans weren't the first; nor was Downtown Deco. I wonder if Alpine Division is planning to rerelease those dies?
(I'm pretty sure Walthers' Piker had a woman in its shower, too).
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans...still...
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

It's not quite the same thing, but (I think it was...) Woodland Scenes used to sell a few figures, including "Man Taking a Piss". For a while it seemed like you could look at just about half of the model railroads out there, and if looking closely you would find that particular figure off in the bushes somewhere, or near a tree, or....
--
-Glennl
The despammed service works OK, but unfortunately

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:59:21 GMT, "Dan Merkel"

On the layout I mentioned before (Pete Ellis's) there was a kind of a 'You must be this tall to see the risque scenes' rule, only adults were tall enough to see them.
BTW he also had a herd of 'Raniers' in his woods. This should bring back memories to any in the northwest who watched TV in the 70s & 80s. No Raineeeeeeeeeeer Beeeeeeeeeer motorcycle though.

--

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
DanMerkel posted:

I'm with you on this one. Not against a little cheesecake hidden away somewhere but nothing really graphic or explicit. I'd want my layouts to be viewable by anyone. I do however like the idea of inserting unexpected details in the scenery. The landed U.F.O. in Bill's Railroad Empire is a good example. Stuff like that.
~Brad fd64
Dan Merkel wrote:

DM:
Ummm, an impromptu wrestling match?
"Last night I was scared and I went to see Mommy and Daddy and I peeked through the keyhole and I think they were fighting but I don't think they were mad at each other..."
Yikes.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.