Man sells rocket launcher on Ebay

charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Les Kramer

Les, If I needed the laugh that would surely have provided it!!! Oh, what a hoot! I guess if we were to invade England over this "WMD" there'd be some kind of poetic justice in making them our colony :-) BTW, even though it's not a scheduled weeekend for a club launch, it looks like this might be the first "good" weather weekend of the year. Should I be packing up the toys, just in case?

Chuck

Les Kramer wrote:

Zathras of the Great Machine

Relax, Engand is already a democracy. They can have all the WMD they want, real or imagined, without fear of Bush invading.

Reply to
Alan Jones

I thought they were helping us invade. ; )

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Yes, a democracy with a hereditary (albeit symbolic) head of state, and a powerful but un-elected House of Lords. Until recently, we had hereditary peers, and the House of Lords is well known for disagreeing with what comes out of the Houses of Parliament.

I think we bought all/most of our WMDs from you guys anyway!

Blue Streak (our own ICBM) was cancelled in favour of buying in a US-made alternative. The SpaceUK site is well worth browsing, and I know of at least two people who are planning scale Black Arrows at some point.

Reply to
Niall Oswald

powerful but un-elected House of Lords. Until recently, we had hereditary peers, and the House of Lords is well known for disagreeing with what comes out of the Houses of Parliament.

Well, we have our hereditary set of leaders too. The Kennedys, the Bushwhackers, Enron corporate types, likely soon the Ahhhnald......

Real or imagined didn't stop them from going into Iraq, or saber rattling the same lame excuse at Syria who sided with us.

AH HA!!! You have some! There's all that the Bushwhacker needs! I thought it funny during the reports on the Iraq invasion that finding Iraqi chem-suits was considered proof of there being Iraqi WMD's. At which point I roared over them then talking about our chem-suits without realizing the loose string they'd just left dangling. The crowning hoot was reporters poking about in the remains of the UN office in the capital finding a chem-suit. Guess that explains Homeland (in)Security and the Patriots Act, we've officially invaded ourselves. Watch out UN building, you're next!

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Not only that, but England, AKA the UK, was once a fearsome imperialistic state.

I don't know much about English politics and government, but I preferred the multi-party system to the US two-party system.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

But we use our own warheads.

The book "A Vertical Empire" is a must read for anyone with even a passing interest in long defunct British rocketry programme.

Mea culpa.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn