A tale of a (hand-made, N scale) tree

Hi guys,

My work of the last weekend below...I'd love to have your thoughts and ideas on it.

Kind regards, Viorel,

s_vio

On 12 Feb 2007 23:46:05 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and s snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com instead replied:

They're very nice, mate. They look just like they're supposed to look. Wire is a great choice for the basic tree as it can be bent to look exactly like branches.

Well done!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Reply to
Spender

Outstanding!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

Actually, while I think the trees look OK, I'm rather more impressed by the weeds and grasses surrounding them. Are the fields to be filled in with tilled soil/crops/grasses etc? Also, I'm guessing this is England you're modeling (at least it seems like it), so will you also add hedges?

Reply to
Sir Ray

Thank you all, guys :)

Sir Ray, actually I'm modeling Romania (more specific, this village of Romania :

)

Yes, everything it's just at the beginning now, there will be crops, grass, small trees added... I'll not have hedges, this is not popular in the village I used as inspiration, I've added instead tonight some wooden fences (I'll take some photos and post tomorrow).

Kind regards, Viorel,

viorel.spinu

Sorry, the previous link might be too long and not work.

Please use this one instead :

Viorel

Reply to
viorel.spinu

Beautiful little tree. It looks very much like an apple tree, I think. It's so hard to make really good-looking trees. I think I may try your method, but with telephone wire, of which I've got a bunch. (stupid rassafricken cheap telephone wire that isn't even twisted-pair grumble grumble)

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans...still...

Reply to
pawlowsk002