LBF

LBF apparently is irate that bankruptcy rumors are floating around about it financial state. They are offering a $1000.00 (in lbf products) reward for information about whom is responsible for starting these rumors.

Wish I knew, I would love to have $1k worth of their new hoppers. So if you know you may have some free rolling stock. See website:

Biggus

Can I tell them it was you, if we split the stock 50/50?

Reply to
Drew Bunn

FWIW, I wouldn't have $0.01 of ANY of their product.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

LBF...Be careful here!! Not very smart! I concur that it is frustrating to be the recipient of a false and possibly harmful rumors, but if I had to pay out rewards for information leading to the culprits who started rumors about my brass business and train shows, I'd have been bankrupt years ago. How about announcing a sale to confirm your viability and drop the negative stuff.............ain't gonna do anyone much good. After all, I never heard of you until now......and after viewing your site, became a bit interested in your products. Welcome back from the dead! HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

Relax, Howard!

It's just a promotion.

- Mark

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Yeah, I know......just trying to get them to do a sale, but then again do these folks read this chatter??? HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

How does one prove who started internet rumours?

Reply to
oztrainman

Can't be done, so it is a safe bet on their part. It is an excellent marketing gimick.

Reply to
<Will

I've been by the LBF booth a couple of times at the show, and have talked to Bill McKean, but didn't bring this subject up....

:D

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

Mark I guess because they would probably never have to pay it, will put fear into the hearts of the rumor mongers, and maybe get some publicity. Who knows what they think. Does LBF make anything with UP markings? If they did could it be possible they could fail to deliver a model of something that fails to deliver? Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Bruce -- LBF is going to give out a $1000 gift certificate, regardless of the outcome of the "investigation," in a random drawing.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

OK. There not broke and here's $1000 to prove it if they can't find the culprit. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger