Lionel KW repair

I just put a new whistle disk/rectifier in my old KW, and some posts, and two new rollers, when i was putting the main post in i notices three wires going to it. The main power wire, the whistle wire, and then the overload lamp wire. Is that supposed to go there? Now the overload lamp is always on and gets brighter as i increase the volts. Also i dont know if that is setting something off but i cant get any trains to run. I get light but no motor, my guess is that that wire dosent belong there? if any one has a wiring diagram or can pull there cover off, or just knows i appreciate your help thank you. Joe

Reply to
Joe

It sounds like you have a wiring error. Olsen's has the original Lionel service manual pages for the KW on line at:

Double check your transformer connections to their diagrams. Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

thanks Geezer it was int he irght place, the problem was a stuck circuit breaker i has to tweek a little

Reply to
Joe