Maerklin 6002 in the US?

Another question:

I am currently picking up the stuff to run my Marklin 1 track digital ... got the 6021 already :)

Next thing is the transformer ... the US version only has 42W and is used very expensive... I read you can use the european 220V 52W version with a simple step up transformer. Actually my 6021 is from there too.

Does anybody have experience and can confirm that this will or will not work? (the 6021 is the same for US and overseas IMO)

:) Matt

Reply to
Matt Lang

That should work fine, but unless I already owned the thing, I don't think I'd go that route myself: So much fuss for an extra 10 watts! If you don't need the official Marklin part, you can also just buy a surplus 18V transformer and find your own housing for it.

These folks make very nice toroidal transformers; probably better than what's in that Marklin housing, even a bit overkill:

Their price for a 120 VA power tranny is $67.75 CDN

If you're not picky about what it looks like, you can find something for less than half that.

D> Another question:

Reply to
Jeff S

I couldnt find a suitable one on the webpage but will check again...

I can buy the Maerklin 52W for less than $50 :) that wouldnt be too bad if it works... a step up thing would be around $20 I think

:) Matt

go that route myself: So much fuss for an extra 10 watts! If you don't need the official Marklin part, you can also just buy a surplus 18V transformer and find your own housing for it.

in that Marklin housing, even a bit overkill:

than half that.

Reply to
Matt Lang