Manufacturers Websites

I'm new to model railroading and am trying to find the websites of various manufacturers. Right now I can't find one for Ratio.(maker of model buildings) Does someone have a really good set of links? David...

Reply to
David Duffy

David, I have never heard of Ratio. What do they make? Could you be thinking of Kato or Roco?

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

| David, I have never heard of Ratio. What do they make? Could you be thinking | of Kato or Roco?

English. Been around for a very long time. Now owned by Peco. But the website isn't very useful.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Well, that explains why I never heard of them.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

Ratio and Wills make plastic detailed British kits. Time consuming but detailed. No web site but available from "mainly trains" "53a models" Suggest you go to Pecos web site and order the catalog Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

David wrote: I'm new to model railroading and am trying to find the websites of various manufacturers. Right now I can't find one for Ratio.(maker of model buildings) Does someone have a really good set of links? David...

------------------------------------------------- Here are a few sites with listings of manufacturers websites:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:
's Halloween Page:

Bill

Thanks for that. Why is it that so many MR manufacturers want you to BUY printed catalogues? Why not have them online? I'm from the electronics industry and all manufacturers and most suppliers have full online parts catalogues. It seems the model railway lot are stuck way back in the dark ages! :-) David...

Reply to
David Duffy

Thanks for that. I'm slowly building up some decent bookmarks. David...

Reply to
David Duffy

Because it takes time( = money!) to put together a catalog, or even a web site for that matter. A large company can spread out that cost across a large amount of sales. Smaller companies can't.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Korman

Model railroading really isn't a commodity business like electronics are, so the pressure (or need) to have a an on-line catalog isn't there.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Besides, you can't take an online catalog into the "inner sanctum" to enjoy whilst performing your necessary functions.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

But that's why God invented laptop computers...

Reply to
Joe Ellis

message

...with wireless networking to a router and the Net.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

When you're done with your duties just remember to rip the pages from the Sears catalog, not the Walthers catalog.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

...and printing PDF catalogues in "draft" mode, double sided

Joe Ellis wrote:

Reply to
Pete in Calgary