How many manufacturers?

Does anybody here have a good idea of how many manufacturers there are now who sell 1/10th or larger scale offroad RC cars/trucks that could be
converted to autonomous robotic applications? Use http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-idX280 as an example of what I'm talking about. I am in no way associated with this company, just find the product of great interest and potential for a possible IED destroyer.
Wayne www.terrasegura.org
Wayne Lundberg wrote:

I don't know how many manufacturers there are, but most of the companies that produce at least a nitro RC offroad racer has an electric one as well, for when the noise gets the neighbors upset. And there must be 2-3 dozen, large and small, that do so. A popular electric RC racer in the 1:10 (or so) scale is the E-Maxx, from Traxxas. It's in the mid-$300s.
-- Gordon
Well you could try here. New Bright Industries is a widely sold Toy Manufacturer. They offer a large selection of RC vehicles from 1/24 up to 1/6 scale. You don't even have to stick to vehicles they offer RC Boats and even RC Snowmobiles. I know thier just toys but some have potential as platforms at alot cheaper prices than professional RC kits.
http://www.newbright.com/searchpop.cfm?s1=rc110
Good Luck.

You can also try your local or Online Toys R Us for clearence Items. Such as this Little Tikes H2 Hummer. I know it's alot bigger than 1:10 scale but at $199 it's alot cheaper than your RC. Plus it's got plenty of room for expansion. You'd just have to figure out how to convert it to RC. Then your neighbours can watch while you run this thing around chanting "Yes! Yes! My robot army grows!"
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId#08717&cp "55956.2257823.2276203&view=all&f=PAD%2FOutlet%2FYes&parentPagemily
Good Luck.