How many posts?

I figure certain people are on holiday.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

About a month ago, Charter Cable changed news servers and since that time, things have been anything but normal. Weird posts, multiples, some never make it, posts from last year suddenly appearing. I used to get as many as

250 per day but the last week, it's been less than 30 per day.

On a more positive note, I'm not getting any of the usual flame conventions as before but the group isn't moderated. Could I have somehow accidentally kill filed 90% of the posters? I don't even know how to kill file. Has everyone called a cease fire? Has Jerry been forgiven? Did everyone take December off? Are we all involved in some kind of elaborate holodeck drama? Inquiring minds want to know.

How many posts are making it to rmr?

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Been wondering the same(minimal posts). You just helped me confirm that it ain't my isp.

I bet everyone is too busy with holiday festivites and such.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

All the above !

Reply to
AlMax

I'm guessing mainly the third reason you mentioned, and possibly even a bit of the first and second ones... the overall activity level has just been rather low lately.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Jerry has been posting real content on another group in the past week(s)

His anti-podal fan club has been posting real content on other list servers.

The streams just are not crossing ;-@

Reply to
AlMax

Ah! Finally something I can understand. ; )

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Actually, sense I kill filed JI, I can't tell if he post or not, unless someone answers him.. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Yeah, the HoloDeck thing.

:)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

------------------------------

bored?

Reply to
NaCl

Nope. Just trying to figure out if Charter has struck again.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

If Jerry isn't spewing crap, there is no reason to fire. Most of the things Jerry can be forgiven for are now irrelevent except for the purpose of putting some of what he says into a more meaningful context.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Same here, Randy. With my kill file in operation I'm only getting 20 to 40 posts each day...and the kill file has not had to stop anyone (lately).

John

Reply to
John Stein

Something is screwed up, because I'm missing a lot of messages -- I can only tell I'm not getting them because I see some of the replies. I'm not even seeing the message I posted myself yesterday.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I thought the same thing also, as I'm on Charter too. Checked Google.groups ... They don't have much activity either. Maybe there just isn't much; or Big Brother is censoring us.

Reply to
John Karpich