Micro Mark "must-haves"

That's it. I didn't know they did a 2mm version as well - I want one of those too!

Reply to
mark_newton

Mark and Mark, I figured Micro Mark had small chisels to remove cast details but they are different then what I have. Mine are like these.

From the looks of the Micro Mark tool it may be much better that what I have but more expensive too. But I like the chisels tools better than using chisel blades. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

As per my earlier post on the subject, I find dental chisels very useful for such work. Compared to the Micro Mark product, they are harder to find, at a reasonable price, as they are expensive when new. Used but serviceable ones, however, can sometimes be had for the asking from any dentist you may know. They are certainly something to watch for at used tool flea markets and dealers. Sometimes one finds them mixed in with the forceps, hemostats, and dental picks. I've gotten useable ones for $1.50 or so.

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

Thanks folks... good ideas.

Here's a summary of the ideas tossed about:

#10116 Model Railroader's Rule ($9.40) #82470 Paint Storage Carousel ($9.95) #80600 Trip Pin Bending Plier ($10.95) #10118 Steel Square 4 Inch Blade ($12.95) #21120 Triple Grip Third Hand ($12.95). #80893 4mm Plastic Modeler's Chisel ($14.95) #70223 Magnetic Gluing Jig ($21.95) #82439 Chopper II ($39.95)

The two items I really wanted to order are: #82466a Scratch Brush ($11.70) #82467 Brush Refills For Distresser/Scratch Brush ($3.50) so that leaves me up to $35 of discretionary spending if I want to get closer to the $50 shipping limit.

I think I'll pick up a third hand and a modeler's chiseler. Santa Claus owes me a couple of things anyway...

Thanks again for the ideas.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Hi-

Here's another good idea: 3-PIECE DIAMOND REAMER SET Item Number: 81650 $14.95

David

Mark Mathu wrote:

Reply to
David P Harris