Miniatronics RU1-1 Troubleshooting

Hi,

Does anyone have workign knowledge of how to troubleshoot Miniatronic's RU1-1 reversing unit? The unit has dials to control the light sensitivity. When tuned to the room's light, the LED indicators will light up. When I try, I get no results.

My train works on the track, but never reverses. (HO Layout)

Wiring: (blocks)

------------------------- Connection 1: Wire lead from variable speed transformer Connection 2: Wire lead from variable speed transformer Connection 3: Track, Rail 1 Connection 4: Track, Rail 2

-------------------------- Connection 5: Miniatronic Transformer lead (+) Connection 6: Miniatronic Transformer lead (-) Connection 7: Two Leads: One to photocell 1, One to photocell 2 Connection 8: One lead to photocell 1 Connection 8: One lead to photocell 2

Photocells are drilled thru the rail bed (two holes, one for each lead) and elmer glued them down. Any help would be appreciated.

-- Carl

Reply to
Carl