Modeling the family home

This is a project that is every bit as difficult to anything I've ever built. The "Family Home" as it still stands in Upper Michigan is now in HO scale. See it at,

Phil Anderson

Reply to
Philip Anderson

Looking good!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Very much so. One of these years, when I actually *can* set up my layout, I suppose I ought to put a picture on the Web of the row of houses that got me an award, forget what it was, since it was nearly 20 years ago, of the row of houses, the middle of which was my grandmothers', that we lived in 'till I was 7.5 The only thing I got wrong, I realized when I found an old, old pic, was that I'd put bay windows on the second floors, and the row didn't have them.

*sigh*

But I did furnish the inside of the third floor as much as I remember it, and added inside lighting.

mark

Reply to
whitroth

I've got a model of our first home overlooking the transfer yard on my layout.

Fortunately I modeled it while we were still living there, so accuracy wasn't a problem, and since it was -and still is- a small one-bedroom bungalow, it fits nicely on the layout without need for any selective compression.

Naturally, I had to add a string band playing on the front porch...

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil