Modeling *working* subway / urban tunnel lighting, in H0

I'm looking for something to model the light fixtures found in subway and urban tunnel, the sort of lights that would occur at regular intervals in train tunnels, particularly in an urban setting, such as a subway or (more specifically) in the tunnels used by Amtrak under NYC. I am not looking to model a specific tunnel -- I have a free lance RR with an underground, urban station and a stretch of trackage that is 'underground' -- it is on a lower level and will have a Plexiglas facing along the outer edge. I already have some ideas about lighting the station platform area -- at this point I am looking to place small lights along the tunnel -- nothing too bright, after all is in supposed to be mostly dark in the tunnels and I want something more realistic than occasional grain-of-rice bulbs stuck on the (inner) tunnel walls.

Reply to
Robert Heller

Fiber optics might be what your looking for.

Reply to
+GF+

Maybe for directing the light itself. I am looking for model fixtures that would go into the nitches in the tunnel walls, preferably ones with actual lamps (either something like a grain-of-rice bulb, small (white) LEDs, or fiber optics) or non-working fixtures that can be adapted somehow.

Reply to
Robert Heller

Sincerely, Marshall D. Abrams

Marshall D Abrams

Light fixtures can often be stamped out of aluminum foil. Dig a hole in a block of hardwood (maple is very good for this as it is hard with a very fine grain) and then start stamping them out. If desired, you may alsofill them in with epoxy (don't forget to apply some mold release to keep the epoxy from attaching itself to the wood!) like vegatable oil. A light pipe can be used to provide the light to the fixture or you can use a grain of rice bulb.

Bob May