MTH Question

I'm looking at an MTH 30-1149-1 Pennsylvania Turbine. On the box it says ''Optionally equipped with Protosound.'' What exactly does that mean? Does it not come with Protosound? What would you need to equip it with Proto? Thanks.

Reply to
Barney Rubble

As long as the MTH part number ends in a -1, it has the protosound installed. If the engine does not come with instuctions, you can download the instuctions from the MTH website. url is

Click on "product search", then type in the part number. A page will pop up, on the right side will be a spot to click on to download the instuctions. Hope this helps!

Reply to
NEVYEN

Barney....

MTH Proto 1 vintage engines had one of two 'control' boards:

Proto 1 with Sound and reverse features from MTH

OR just the reverse feature from QSI........

The QSI board in MTH can be upgraded with sound thru QSI in Oregon...

OR the QSI board can be fully removed & pay MTH $$$ for the Proto 1

Sound set up BOARDS....

Barney Rubble wrote:

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Look at http://204.156.4.221/manuals/instruction/30ST16661I.pdf for your instruction sheets. On the box flap look for the QSI trademark. If it is there then it is a QSI system, if it is not there the engine will have a PS1 board in it (most of the instructions indicate it to be a PS1 board inside.) The number of PS1 boards remaining is dwindling (we are not talking in the VERY near future here) and MTH will not be making any new ones. When they run out PS1 users will need to upgrade to the PS2 board. At present the PS2 upgrade kit lists for $179, cheaper if you are a club member or a dealer. If you do the installation yourself then there is no warranty. There is a warranty if the installation is preformed by an authorized PS2 Upgrade repair station.

Hope this helps, Mike

Reply to
Mike Craig