N Scale Christmas Village scenery

Hi all,

I am very new to model railroading, and just purchased an N-scale kit Sante Fe (diesel engine + 4 cars). I'm looking to build a track around a "Christas Village" or general winter scenery, just to use during the holidays. Any recommendations on where I can find some scenery or buildings that would meet that criteria?

Thanks!

John

Reply to
jbeck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Micro-Trains has a North Pole Village. Brooklyn Locomotive Works has them:

Good luck with your holiday project!

Bill Bills Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

Bill,

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I just ordered up the buildings and some trees. Thanks alot for the quick reply!

-John

Reply to
jbeck

That's a neat idea especially if one doesn't want to start from scratch and you also want to tear down (horrors!) or reorganize your layout after the holiday season. Does anyone know if an S-scale (American Flyer) Xmas scene/village by, or in the style of, Thomas Kincade, is available? (I've seen railroad-oriented items created/authorized by Kincade but nothing advertised in 1:64 scale.) I'm trying to avoid having to dress up my old Plasticville, USA items. A Kincade or Terry Redlin inspired winter scene would give a good warm and fuzzy. Now, if there was also an A.C. Gilbert AF "Polar Express" to go with it that would be ideal. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil Naval Research Laboratory

4555 Overlook Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood

Please have insulin standing by for any viewers who might be diabetic.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I saw these at the local shop

yesterday. They are painted resin and quite well done, lots of details. The snow is iridescent, which will likely give good effect if under the Christmas tree reflecting the lights. They are also surprisingly inexpensive. If you do look at them, make sure you take them out of the package, as they look mush better 'in person'.

David

Reply to
David P Harris

David, what product(s) specifically on the Victoria's Scale Rail Site are you referring to? The link only takes you to the main page, and when I searched by "Christmas Village" nothing returned.

Reply to
john

Reply to
Charles Kimbrough

LOL! That's my reaction to "Santa's Village" stuff, too. But, for those looking for it in N scale, Model Train Stuff has it too:

Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

I you want Santa's sleigh and reindeer in N-scale, they are available here:

The w3eb site does give the scale, but I have the sleigh and reindeer and there are perfect for an N-scale scene.

Daniel Riccio usually has a booth at the Sugar Loaf Crafts Fair at the maryland State Fairgrounds in Gaithersburg, MD.

Ken Rice

Sorry, I was referring to: Micro-Trains has a North Pole Village. Brooklyn Locomotive Works has them:

I also find them sugary, but what the heck for Christmas ;-)

My local store hasn't put them up on the website, yet.

David

Reply to
David P Harris

John:

Also check out the Thor Trains downloadable cutout structures, here:

Hard to beat the price, really. The detail isn't exact scale but they're not bad.

Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002