N scale DC layout based steam sound

I have a retro-DC N scale layout, run steam locos and want sound. Any recommendations for systems that will syncronize with the throttle to some degree? Doug

Reply to
Doug

Doug wrote: I have a retro-DC N scale layout, run steam locos and want sound. Any recommendations for systems that will syncronize with the throttle to some degree?

------------------------------------------------------ Here are some links. Perhaps you'll find something here:

Sound is a worthwhile effort. I have sound on my layout and it really adds realism. MRC made an inexpensive Tech II Digital Sound Generator Model 8000 that has a nice syncronized steam chuff. Maybe you can find one lurking at a hobby shop or on e-Bay. I believe mine was around $46 back in 1996.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites: