N Scale GP loco recommendations?

Looking at a US outline layout, they are selling Model Power sets v e r y cheaply in the UK but I gather these are a bit rough. Can anyone suggest a good make for a GP ATSF loco suitable for the

1970's, I assume the passenger cars from Model Power will roll okay.
Reply to
Mike

wrote

Can anyone suggest a good make for a GP ATSF loco suitable for the

1970's, I assume the passenger cars from Model Power will roll okay.

The Model Power passenger cars I've seen are a good bit undersized, won't look right if you get better cars later. Look for Atlas or Lifelike Geeps.

Reply to
VManes

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Reply to