Re: Amador Central?

> I was channel cruising yesterday when I hit upon RFDTV - an obscure > (at least to me) station targeted to rural America. They were running > a program on the last days of the Amador Central Railway. Not much > narration and a lot of footage of their diesel loco #11 hauling what > appeared to be the same cars from point to point. It was actually > fascinating and mesmerizing. Anyone else catch this show?

The good news is that the Amador Central was resurrected a few years ago as as the Amador Foothills. It was only out of operation for about 3 years. I've always liked this appealing little railroad. There are some good picture at the Central California Rails web site:

Mark Alan Miller

Reply to
Mark Alan Miller

Good News! RFD-TV runs the show several times a week. They usually change subjects on Saturday or Sunday (here in Iowa). This week they are running a show called "China Adventure" which features a lot of steam and -20 degree temps. The tapes are produced by Machines of Iron.

Jim James F. Westphal

Reply to
JFWestphal