Name of Lionel Civil War them set (modern era)

I am coming up empty searching through Lionel catalogs and e-bay for the name of a ready to run set. I saw the set in a local hobby shop several years ago. It was a modern era ready to run set with a civil war theme. Evidently civil war is not in the title of the set. I think one of the cars was to transport a canon.

If anyone has the name or number of the lionel set - please post.

JCPZero

Reply to
jcpzero

Union Civil War Set: 21900 Confederate Civil War Set: 21901

Andy

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Hummell

It might be worthwhile to note that MTH (Mike's Train House) has produced a 4-4-0 engine in 'O' Gauge with Protosound features and in a wide variety of road names. MTH has matching sets of Overton passenger cars, 19th Century log cars, as well as single units of gondolas, boxcars, tank cars, stock cars, cannon cars and cabooses all with truss rods and most with arch-bar trucks. I'm not sure I've ever encountered an MTH "General" set, but a lot of dealers stock things in a way that allow them to make up a set on the spot.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
RRGrandad

Those are the exact lionel sets I remember.

Thanks also to the other poster who mentioned MTH. I have two MTH rolling stock and I am inpressed with them - so I will do more research on what MTH has to offer.

JCPZero

Reply to
jcpzero

I believe that these sets were produced in 1999. I have the Confederate set. It is OK, if just a little monochromatic.

I have some of the MTH W.&A.R.R. 19th century cars and they are very nice and detailed. As for the engines, I like the look of the Lionel

4-4-0 engines more than the MTH (looks toy-like, but have more features on some models). I just wish Lionel would make a scale (or semi-scale) TMCC 4-4-0 W&ARR "General" (and a "Texas", too).