O guage fiqures

Any recommendations for makers of O guage figures (people) will be appreciated? Thanks Brad Flanders

Reply to
BPF

Preiser are the kings of figure production. Bachmann used to have several sets of 4 or 6 in their range - they are probably still available.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Depends what you want them for - foreground type detail or shapes inside passenger trains.

Preiser make excellent but expensive plastic ones. Artistta make cast metal ones. Both well painted.

Bachmann make grotty but cheap plastic ones that are useful for sitting inside the passenger train.

The bigger and better train shows have dealers selling imported British figures from Phoenix, Omen Miniatures etc, that they have painted for themselves.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

MTH has some nice people. Life like's are OK. K-Line also makes some with extra items in the package such as sliding boards. These are all plastic. Preiser has some very nice and unusual pieces but also expensive.

Mike C.

Reply to
Mike Craig

In additional to those mentioned above, Model Power makes some.

Reply to
Corelane

Bring a ruler with you when buying O scale figures. Alot of the cheaper ones are actually 1/43 scale, giving you a population of basketball players. Artista makes good ones, and Grandt Line has some good ones too. Bowser makes a set of Engineer/Fireman that is a bit clunky but easier to find than any other crew figures.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

John,

You said, "Artista makes good ones".

Yes they do, but I brought home an Artisa "O" scale engineer yesterday and found it is not the same size as my others. It really appears to be S scale and yet the packaging said O scale on it. I noticed this with other people from Artista also.

Bob Rule, Jr. Hatboro, Pa

Reply to
EBTBOB

So imagine it to be Danny DeVito and your fine!

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

That's one of the good points: people are a mix and match of sizes.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Christopher,

While your idea has merit, you have to see how small this engineer really is. He looks totally out of scale in comparison to O scale equipment such as the new Broadway Ltd C-16.

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

Speaking of the BW C-16, can you tell me: Is it much larger than the Spectrum On30 Mogul? I sort of made the layout on the assumption that the Mogul would be the biggest thing on it.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Are Phoenix still producing, I thought that they'd karked it several years ago. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

They grew em chunkie in Pennsylvania. Used to play foodball against some of them boys from Scranton and Wilkes Berry.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

John,

You asked "Speaking of the BW C-16, can you tell me: Is it much larger than the Spectrum On30 Mogul?"

When the engine and tender are coupled together on both engines, the C-16 is half an inch longer. The mogel's stack and dome details such as the pop valves, stick up higher than the C-16s. Other than that, there is basically no difference. Except..........sound.VVVBG!

Bob Rule, Jr. Hatboro, Pa.

Reply to
EBTBOB