OT - the Chistmas Haggis

Who's gettin' Haggis for Christmas ...

anyone?

anyone at all?

;-)

Reply to
big Dave

Probably not - but I was in the great Mondavi Center hall Friday night with several thousand people listening to the American Bach Soloists do Handel's 'Messiah', and when they got to the "All We Like Sheep" part, no one denied it.

Of course, UC Davis _IS_ an aggie college . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

You've got the wrong 25th. Haggis is appropriate for January 25 - the birthday of the immortal bard, Bobby Burns.

Reply to
Geezer

LOL ... that's great!

Reply to
big Dave

ah ... I wasn't aware.

Thank you sir for enlightening me. I know so little ....

Reply to
big Dave

An Englishman is being shown around a Scottish hospital. At the end of the tour he is shown into a ward with a number of patients who show no signs of injury.

He goes to examine the first man he sees, and the man proclaims "Fair fa' yer honest sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the puddin' race!"

The Englishman, somewhat taken aback, goes to the next patient, who immediately launches into: "Some hae meat, and canna eat, and some wad eat that want it, But we hae meat and we can eat, and sae the Lord be thankit."

The next patient sits up and declaims: "Wee sleekit cow'rin tim'rous beastie, O what a panic's in thy breastie! Thou need na start awa sae hasty, wi' bickering bl'attle. I wad be laith to run and chase thee, wi' murdering prattle."

"Well" says the Englishman to his Scottish colleague "I see you saved the psychiatric ward for the last".

"No, no" the Scottish doctor corrects him "This is the Serious Burns Unit"

Reply to
Steve Caple

I have over 150,000 posts of haggis archived... enough to keep my family in gifts for several generations at least!

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

Groan...... beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

'Tis a pleasure and a privilege to be of service to you, Sir.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Just wait till the Christmas/New Year/Hogmanay parties. Then the Cam-scenes will really come to life!

David.

Reply to
David F.

One more punch line like that, and I think we'll be able to add one more to the list of "Scots wha hae wi' Wallace bled..."

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

salvé "JCunington" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com...

If Wallace of that ilk is about to bleed I'm going to get a big beaker and capture the guaranteed 90% proof that will spill....all the Wallaces I know have wi wallace imbibe, they make Burns look like a teetotaller.... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Great idea. And you can pour it over your haggis - nothing improves haggis like a wee dram o' fine ault single malt.

Reply to
Geezer

Yep, if you don't like the haggis, at least get a buzz out of it.

I'd like single malt over my haggis, and hold the haggis.

Haggis - sheep guts and oats. How does this differ from stuffing, which is chicken/turkey guts and bread? One gets baked and the other boiled, but aside from that...

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Actually haggis is quite bland and can do well wi' a bit of spicing-up.

There is an import shop, near where I live, that gets it once a week from Scotland. I buy one about three or four times a year. Its good with steamed red cabbage and a cool stout. I like a good bit of hot pepper sauce on mine. Not Tabasco, but rather something with a cayenne pepper base, like Crystal or Frank's.

.........Angus

Reply to
Angus Cooper

For that matter, is a sheep's stomach any worse than a pig's intestine? (Bet you never eat "natural casing" bratwurst again.)

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

I knew where there was Haggis, Andy Harman would be close by. :-)

Reply to
big Dave

Reminds me of a joke my dad (a surgeon) told me years ago.

Q: How do you cook kidneys? A: Boil the piss out of them.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Well, there goes the likelihood I'll ever try sauer nierenbraten again . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple