Lionel O-27 Train Set

Found this and was wondering if it was a good deal?

Reatils for $299 they have a 10% off coupon

Need to order a train set before CHristmas anyone have a better deal?

Thanks

Red

Reply to
red

red wrote: Found this and was wondering if it was a good deal?

Reatils for $299 they have a 10% off coupon Need to order a train set before CHristmas anyone have a better deal?

------------------------------------------------- I believe that was a 2002 set with a catalog price of $299.95. You might want to check Trainworld's prices for Lionel sets:

I hope you enjoy your new train!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

"red" wrote

-------------------------

Better go back and read it again. Their advertised price is $159.99

" On Sale! $189.99 $159.99 "

Always check out the shipping charges before deciding what deals, are *good deals*.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Red wrote: Found this and was wondering if it was a good deal?

Reatils for $299 they have a 10% off coupon Need to order a train set before Christmas anyone have a better deal?

-------------------------------------------------- Hobby Surplus has a 2003 Lionel Pennsylvania Flyer set with FasTrack for $179.95 with a $20 free accessories coupon.

BTW, Hobby Surplus and Train World are reputable firms. I have no association with either one. I've purchased from both and have been pleased with them. I'm simply offering this to help you with your decision.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Dont=A0Know=A0My=A0Name wrote: Better go back and read it again. Their advertised price is $159.99 " On Sale! $189.99 $159.99 " Always check out the shipping charges before deciding what deals, are

*good deals*.

------------------------------------------------ Well, that certainly makes that a much better deal than $299!. But you're right, the shipping and handling charge is a very important part of the buying decision.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

That's no bargain...see below

Got my Lionel Ballyhoo set for $99 and free shipping from eToys, part of KB Toys. I understand they are sold out.

Ray Hobin NMRA Life # 1735; TCA # HR-78-12540; ARHS # 2421 Durham, NC [Where tobacco was king; now The City of Medicine]

Reply to
Whodunnit