postage stamp trains

howdy.... I've just come into possession of an Aurora postage stamp train, no 4801 "fast freight" could someone direct me to a website that might be able to give me more info on it? all the pieces seem to be there, but I'd like to check the authenticity :) thanks

Reply to
Reg 'n Cindy

"Postage Stamp Trains" was Aurora's trademark for their line of N scale in the early days. They're proabably as good as any from that era (1960's). Certainly not up to today's standards, but still fully compatable with modern N scale.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Aurora did Postage Stamp Trains in the late 1960s. The locomotives were made by Minitrix (W. Germany), The Postage Stamp locomotives were identical to the ones marketed by Minitrix but were usually offered without headlights. Cars were Minitrix and usually made in Austria. Minitrix used the same mechanisms in their engines right on up to their bankruptcy in 1996. Minitrix was marketed by American Tortoise in the Sixties and early Seventies. American Tortoise was absorbed by Model Power. Model Power distributed the Minitrix line thereafter. A bried history of N scale can be found at:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Reg 'n Cindy wrote: I've just come into possession of an Aurora postage stamp train, no 4801 "fast freight" could someone direct me to a website that might be able to give me more info on it? all the pieces seem to be there, but I'd like to check the authenticity :)

---------------------------------------------- Here's a pix of a Postage Stamp set:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

: >

: "Postage Stamp Trains" was Aurora's trademark for their line of N scale in : the early days. They're proabably as good as any from that era (1960's). : Certainly not up to today's standards, but still fully compatable with : modern N scale.

: Don

They were made by Minitrix, which was (IMO) the Athearn of N scale at the time. Decent runners and most were pretty close to scale. I still have a pair of F9A's and some freight cars from sets I bought on close out at Lionel Kiddie City many years ago. Sets were $9.99 and extra freight cars were $0.50. Bought all I could afford which at the time was about $30. Seems to me it was in the late 1970's.....

Reply to
S C Sillato