postage stamp trains

howdy.... I've just come into possession of an Aurora postage stamp train, no 4801 "fast freight" could someone direct me to a website that might be able to give me more info
on it? all the pieces seem to be there, but I'd like to check the authenticity :) thanks
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/MRPics
Trainman ( snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net) wrote:
: : > howdy.... I've just come into possession of an Aurora postage stamp train, : > no 4801 "fast freight" : > could someone direct me to a website that might be able to give me more : info : > on it? all the pieces seem to be there, but I'd like to check the : > authenticity :) : > thanks : > : >
: "Postage Stamp Trains" was Aurora's trademark for their line of N scale in : the early days. They're proabably as good as any from that era (1960's). : Certainly not up to today's standards, but still fully compatable with : modern N scale.
: Don
They were made by Minitrix, which was (IMO) the Athearn of N scale at the time. Decent runners and most were pretty close to scale. I still have a pair of F9A's and some freight cars from sets I bought on close out at Lionel Kiddie City many years ago. Sets were $9.99 and extra freight cars were $0.50. Bought all I could afford which at the time was about $30.<g> Seems to me it was in the late 1970's.....
--
Steve Sillato
Life; if you're not having fun, you ain't doing it right! Remember none