Price of January MR?

"Jon Miller" wrote

I think *you* are cluelessly confused as usual (along with Corelane).

The original post:

Can someone tell me what is the cover price of the January 2004 Model Railroader in the U.S.? Their 70th anniversary edition. It was $2.00 more than last month's here in Canada, $8.95 vs. $6.95. Add to the $8.95 price our beloved 15% HST tax and this issue cost me $10.29 in Canadian funds. I hope this price increase is for this issue only, as I'm not likely to pay over $10.00 for future issues.

Bob Boudreau Canada

One of the responses (by Corelane) proclaimed:

Jan 2003 issue was also a buck or two more than others. The price will come back down in Feb, though it's still too much in my view. I stopped subscribing years ago & only buy an issue every once in a while.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Now that's a fact that some folks haven't grasped as yet!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Actually re-read the reply in question to the original:

He said the year 2003 vice 2004. The answer that the 2003 cover price was not rasied is a fact. It was the 2004 that went up solely for this edition. I passed comments along in reply to the fellow that made clain to Kalmbach bouncing the cover price up and down as nonsense.

It would be nice if everyone would read the entire content of a message before stepping all over themselves. Sheeeesh!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Why a receipt? The cover has the stated selling price for the US and Canada and that's what you should have paid. If you paid more then yes you were screwed.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Got me! Seems to happen all to often. Maybe just trying to impress us with there lack if knowledge on the subject?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Fact: Jan 2003 (yes 2003) was more than Dec 2002 (yes 2002). I just suggested the same was going on for Jan 2004 issue. Maybe you can steer me to a more reputable source rather than rip me new one. Geesh!

Reply to
Corelane

"Corelane" wrote

-----------

Are you talking to yourself?

You've had your computer and Internet access long enough that you should be able to post coherent messages by now.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Oh dear, the guy slipped up and wrote a 3 instead of a 4. Everyone who has never typed one wrong letter in their lives please say aye..........

Everyone knows what he meant/means. The price of the anniversay mag is higher than the past. To hang on the 3 is just either being anal or being a Kalmbach backer not matter what.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Front cover of Dec. 2002: Top story: GEEP roundup Price: $4.95 - $6.95 Canadian

Front cover of Jan. 2003: Top story: Build this 4x8 layout Price: $4.95 - $6.95 Canadian

Maybe you NEED a new one. Your current one appears to have clogged and backed up to your brain :-).

Or maybe you're just trolling.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Is there a difference?

Does Kalmbach-backer require a hyphen?

Reply to
Steve Caple

All those extra ads drive the shipping costs up :-)

I remember in the spring of 1984 when Apple rolled out the Mac for the first time. I had a subscription to Newsweek, and had just moved so I was paying forwarding postage on magazines until the change notices were processed. My typical out-of-pocket postage for a forwarded Newsweek was something like 35 cents. That one issue cost me more like 75 cents because Apple's intro Mac ad was so huge - it was something like the whole middle third of the magazine. When I finally did buy a Mac (in 1999) I was trying to think of a way to get that 40 cents knocked off the price... didn't fly :-)

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

Actually there were some good articles in the Jan issue. The scratch passenger car article showed some excellent workmanship and techniques, but should have been longer and more detailed. The article on the La Mesa Club has some of the best photos ever taken there, and it's very difficult to photograph that layout in a way that takes in it's size and scope. Still thumbing through the rest of the issue.

BTW, apparently Beldar has already been announced as the new editor of another one of K-company's non-railroad magazines. MR's Jan issue features another farewell from Russ Larson, but no commentary by Beldar. One can only wonder who the replacement might be.....

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

Only if you are an anal Kalmbach backer. Then yes. ;-0

Reply to
MrRathburne

Thanks so much for your "help" :-(

Reply to
Corelane

Apparently a trail balloon floated on Atlas Forum by Paul Schmidt, former staffer. Beldar has /added/ Asst Publisher of Garden Railways to his portfolio.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Here here! I have said more stupid things unintentionally because my fingers don't type the right letters, numbers, or even sometimes words. Even worse when the spell check doesn't catch it. Unfortunately that is one of the drawbacks of e-stuff. In a verbal conversation one can immediately correct a problem and it is forgotten ten seconds later. In group mail your mistake remains "in-print" for months.

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman

Which is called read the entire post and check your reply before blurting out a reply. Likely he meant 2004 but stating 2003 and having other jump in makes folks look silly to be sure.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Isn't this called the "Newgroup Pile On" syndrome?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

"Corelane" wrote

You are clueless Corelane. Who taught you to use a mouse?

Why didn't you take up RC airplanes?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

"Dave Henk" wrote

No, he meant what he typed, "Jan 2003 issue was also a buck or two more"

Reply to
Dont Know My Name