Railpage Forum continues to disappoint

Like this forum, Railpage continues to prove to be problematic, unresponsive and full of crap.

Why should one bother?

Reply to
hatsoff

You're more than welcome to try out the web-forums at my site:

and register as a forum user if you like them. If you don't that's fine, but try them first before berating them! Plenty of people have berated them without checking them out simply because some people assume that RailPage = RailZone or are under the impression that all forum sites are the same.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
C. Dewick

is good.

Reply to
Birdman

so is :

Ray L. Nutz

"Ray L. Nutz" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@suscom.com...

Sorry, but I have to disagree. They have serious moderator problems over there. They lock topics way too quickly. Someone asks a question, it gets answered, and the mods lock the thread saying, "The question has been answered, move on." Some of the best stuff comes from follow up questions and discussion on forums, and they deny that. They also are paranoid that someone could possibly post "sensitive" information that some terrorist might use. One time, a guy asked for non-system maps of the MBTA, showing physically where the tracks go. This thread was locked and deleted by the overzealous moderators because of the possibility that maybe somebody could sort of use this information to commit a terrorist act. Oh puh-lease. I guess they better shut down Arrow, DeLorme, and all the other map companies while they are at it... Since when has a map of a RR become a national secret? And to top it all off, when the Mass Bay Railroad Enthusiast (Mass Bay RRE) newsletter, "The Callboy", called them out on this paranoid censorship, the moderator went into a foaming rage, and I was tarred and feathered just for posting it. Heck, they even accused me of writing it in the first place. Nevermind that John Reading (editor of "The Callboy") wrote it, and that I have never even met the guy. Suddenly, I was the bad guy and persona non grata, even tho' I'd been on those forums since the MBTA Forum was only one page of topics on the old RR.net. I left that forum, and have never gone back. I don't need the stress or the accusations... Call me crazy, but I prefer forums that welcome the freedom to exhange ideas, not repressive ones that only allow what the moderators think.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

"Pac Man" wrote in news:N2yye.4736$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Particularly since Google bought Keyhole Systems and released their whole database of hi-res satellite imagery to the world...free...as Google Earth. Boston is one of the areas with the highest resolution and the aboveground T tracks show up nicely. They don't exactly hide the tracks. A good bit of the Green Line runs down the median of the Mass. Turnpike.

Of course, they do like to bury things in Boston, but we won't talk about the Big Dig. Beantowners are a bit sensitive about that topic lately.

Reply to
Norman Morgan

A common disease, of fairy tale origin, called Chickenshit Littleism. Seems to explode into epidemic proportions whenever it is discovered the emperor has no real new clothes and is in fact butt nakes, and a diversion is needed.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Actually, Green line is nowhere near Mass Pike median. You are thinking of the Amtrak trackage leading to South Station. Accela travels on that trackage.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

"Peter W." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I stand corrected. It's been over 15 years since I rode the Green Line. At the time it was far cheaper to stay at the Days Inn next to the Green Line terminus at Riverside Station than to stay in the vastly overpriced convention hotel in Back Bay. But I do recall clean, efficient, affordable (regardless of what the Kingston Trio has to say) mass transit that was used by every class of society.

Reply to
Norman Morgan

I'm glad that you have found memories of the Beantown! I wish I could say the same (with the Big Dig fiasco, nowadays I try to avoid Boston).

Yes, mass transit makes Boston a littel more bearable.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.