Make your own graph paper

Here's a link I found on the scratch building group. Any of you who make scale drawings or track plans with paper and pencil might find this useful.
http://www.incompetech.com/beta/linedGraphPaper/easy.html
Bruce

useful.
You can also make custom graph paper quickly with Excel or one of the other spread sheet programs. Turn on the borders around the number of cells you want on the sheet, adjust the column width and row height to meet your needs, and print.
I found this very useful in making specialized graph paper for plotting train charts as a precursor to making timetables for operating sessions. Use a constant column width to be time intervals appropriate to your fast clock ratio and op session duration. In the first column, list your RR's stations one to a row. In the next column list the mile post distance for the respective station. In the next column, establish a factor of (total number of points or pixels high the finished sheet will be) / (total mileage or smileage of your RR) and multiply this by the distance between sequential stations. Set the row heights equal to this result, then hide this column so it won't print. Print the sheet and you have custom train chart graph paper. Gary Q

Yeah... now try this making isometric graph paper... <<weg>>
Drop back a bit on the link above to :
http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper /
and look at all the varieties... and colors... available. It's a REALLY good link... and it generates PDF files, so you can print them from the FREE Adobe reader instead of having to buy Excel.
I printed out some with 1/10th inch divisions, 5mm isometric, 1 cm hexagonal grid, and some music staff paper. Scaling of the grid is customizable, and paper sizes and orientations can be changed.
--
Joe Ellis CEO Bethlehem-Ares Railroad - A 1:160 Corp.
___a________n_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_n______

Or logarythmic :-).
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:56:58 +0000, Bruce Favinger wrote:

TY for the excellent link! :-) -- dw
BruceFavinger wrote: Here's a link I found on the scratch building group. Any of you who make scale drawings or track plans with paper and pencil might find this useful. http://www.incompetech.com/beta/linedGraphPaper/easy.html ------------------------------------------------------
Great! Thanks for sharing, Bruce.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links