Re: Fantasy Locomotives

> > Seriously, I made a model of one, and also an "SDF-7", both on Athearn SD7 > > chassis. > > I would like to see pictures of those. But wouldn't an SDF-7 end up > being an E9 with SD C trucks rather than the A-1-As? > >

An E would be a longer carbody ro accommodate two prime movers. The SDF-7 would have only one, and a much shorter frame.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

And a shorter fuel tank.

It would have looked remarkably like the F-units built for Australia on 6-wheeled trucks.

Christopher A. Lee

I'll have to look around for this project. Basically, it had an F-unit shell with 36" DB fans in front of and behind the four radiator fans. The overall length was a little longer than an FL-9.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I have some double-ended units built from F-7 shells on stretched SD-7 running gear. They are the same length as an E unit by default of having two cabs and room for two steam gennys in the B end.

BTW, there is a prototype for the machines, quite a few of them in fact.

Class B, GA.

Reply to
Froggy

The gauge in Victoria is 5'3".