Re: Flynn writes a naughty word

Lots of us model strange foreign railways when we have perfectly good > railways running locally. Perhaps we just find strange foreign places > more interesting than our own localities - it takes all sorts to make > the world go round - that said, why would anyone in their right mind > want to model Illinois? ;-)

LOL! But Greg, I never claimed to be in my right mind! :-)

Reply to
Mark Newton

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"

Reply to
Mark Newton

Terry,

I think you need to accept that people model different things for many t reasons. I model 1:35 scale military equipment and using the logic expoused by you and several others I should be modelling Australian military, Yet I model and am only interested in German WW2 equipment.

Similarly, after spending most of my adult life involved with NSWGR modelling and research I have now walked away from it and modelling GWR in

4mm scale (Protofour of course!)

The funny thing is that I do not regret it one little bit. I can by models at a comparable price to the local stuff that runs rings around any of our commercial offereings (ie Martin Finney and Malcolm Mitchell locos, Slaters coach kits and wagons, Coopercraft....)

People model what they like and that really is the bottom line.

Oh yes, comparing a 1927 built "King" with a 1943 built 38 as some have done is a little sneaky.... perhaps comparing the King with a 36 is more appropriate. The UK railways may have used "little" 6 wheel tenders, but they were 4000 gallon capacity.... comparable to our standard Beyer Peacock tender i think!

Craig Warton

Reply to
Craig Warton

I think Mark and Terry should be sent to bed without supper.

Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

Please expand upon your answer. I am actually interested to know why do you think this. I only hope that a model of a WAGR X is more reliable than what the prototype was. ;-)

Reply to
Greg Rudd

Maybe torpedo would be more appropriate. Too bad they didn't have big air reservoirs on their shoulders.

Reply to
Steve Caple