Re: Ho Engines Cheap!!!

I created a thread just for you children to squabble around in so why don't you go there?

You guys and the other looser are killing this newsgroup.

Hope you're all happy

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Roger,

Killfiles are your friend

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Wot be dis DEESeals thing?

Reply to
Rusty

Good Lord something uncanny and historical is happening, I am agreeing with MrRathburne. Did we miss the vote to appoint a modertator of this group?

CBix-it

Reply to
Charles Bix

Would you get with the probgram!!???? The next election is in 20 years so, if you want to vote again before that you'll have to start a recall campaign.

I voted for Terry Flynn. No offense Roger but, with the new layout an all, I figured you'd be way/weigh/whey to busy.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Shoe laces get loose.

Gamblers lose.

And, finally, "loser", as a term of opprobrium, is on a cultural par with "Black Sabbath rules, man!".

Reply to
E Litella

"E Litella"

Whatever. They're still all pains in the butt.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

"No, actually I understand the situation quite well. Who can comment on what is going to happen in the future? Why don't we come back to the subject of Iraq in 3 years and see what the situation is?"

I can! I can! The Kurds, Sunnis and Sh'iites will still hate each other. They'll still be blaming everything on the Israelis. If Westerners are still there trying to force western values on them they'll still be doing their best to kill them.

"Gregory, what does it say about you when you make a hateful statements like the one you did about yanks being ignorant and stupid? Why would you need to make a blanket statement like that about "Yanks" because you disagree with my position or even the position of a lot of people on this newsgroup? I would never insult you or your fine country by making a blanket statement like that."

Unfortunately it says he's pretty astute. Just listen to any call in radio talk show for ample proof. Be glad American radio isn't on short wave so the rest of the world can't listen and confirm what it suspects about us already.

"And by the way why didn't anyone comment on the point I was making with the Proto 2000 locomotives?!? Why does everything political have to be an emotional hot button for everyone here? THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN HOBBY GUYS. I know it's my fault for responding to the WMD comment. Sorry guys."

Which point? The lower prices after six months on ebay or the limited production ploy?

What isn't fun about arguing politics? We have Commissar Rathburne to pop up and declare that Comrade Stalin has decreed such and such a thought to be unpatrotic. What more could you want? :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Seems to me, in my neck of the woods at least, that that sentence should would end with the words "that most talk radio is conservative." To wit in the Milwaukee market: Charlies Sykes, Jeff Wagner, Mark Belling, Rush Limbaugh (syndicated). ..the only place I find what passes for liberal radio is NPR (my choice for intelligent talk - usually) or possibly the "black" stations, which I haven't listened to.

Maybe that's fightin' words to some, but I calls 'em the way I sees 'em. Wisconsin IS a pretty conservative state, Madison notwithstanding.

Don't judge a people by its media. I never judged the Russian people by what was reported as printed in Tass, Pravda, or Izvestia. People have opinions that are all over the map.

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

radio isn't on short wave so the rest of the world can't listen and >

confirm what it suspects about us already.

Don't you think they'd get a kick out of Howard Sterns potty mouth?

Reply to
Charles Bix

It depends on your definition of "conservative" - my impression of Wisconsin is that it is extreme insane right; that puts "Wisconsin conservative" as New Zealand "looney bin" material.

What else are we to judge you by, other than actions, news reports, s**en stains and leaders unable to handle their native language?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Extreme insane right would be a severe overstatement. Oh sure, we have our extremely conservative Catholics (I know a few), extremely conservative Republicans (People listening to Mark Belling and agreeing with him), but most people I've met are pretty middle-of-the-road, agreeing with a few, but not all planks of either party's platform.

How about the supposition that peoples' attitudes fall in a bell-shaped curve, with most people right about in the happy middle, and the farther you go to either extreme, the fewer people you find.

The thing is in the US media is that the conservatives/Republicans make the most noise. The liberals/Democrats haven't followed up on that success, but they're learning. The Conservatives have many mouthpieces. The only liberal that comes immediately to mind to me is James Carville, and he's out there a ways in Lefty-Land, so much so that I don't read him other than VERY occassionally.

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

There was a spot in the (semi-?) biographical movie "Howard Stern's Private Parts" where two execs are talking ratings.

"How long do the liberals listen to him?" "Seven minutes." "Why?" "They have to hear what he's going to say next." "How long do the conservatives listen to him?" "Twenty minutes." "Why?" "They have to hear what he's going to say next."

How factual is that part of the movie? Who knows?

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

Well, I'd recommend you look for folks like Molly Ivins and Jim Hightower, but if Carville seems lefty to you, I'm not sure how you'd receive them.

And while I agree with your bell curve observation, my immediate reaction to it, bolstered by your description of Carville as way Left, is that the American bell curve is centeered pretty damn far right of the world average.

Course that takes into account the experiences and opinions of a bunch of furriners, so . . .

Reply to
E Litella

Your "middle-of-the-road" is my "far right".

What I'm trying to say is that your Wisconsin bell curve is far right of my New Zealand bell curve. Iraq's apparent bell curve is also well to the right of mine.

Hell, any rational yank is going to look like he's in "Lefty-Land" in Wisconsin.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Seems to me, in my neck of the woods at least, that that sentence should would end with the words "that most talk radio is conservative." To wit in the Milwaukee market: Charlies Sykes, Jeff Wagner, Mark Belling, Rush Limbaugh (syndicated). ..the only place I find what passes for liberal radio is NPR (my choice for intelligent talk - usually) or possibly the "black" stations, which I haven't listened to."

I was thinking more of call in multiple moron er, listener participation as opposed to single moron ie Limbaugh talk at you radio.

I remember listening to a morning show, Ron and Fez, just after 9/11. They had asked the question 'why do the arabs hate us?' To which we got about an hour of joe six pack morons calling in to say that it was obvious that they were jealous of us. This is obviously stupid. What's to be jealous of? We do not have a relationship with allah. Our women and children are disobedient and promiscuous. I could go on...

"Don't judge a people by its media. I never judged the Russian people by what was reported as printed in Tass, Pravda, or Izvestia. People have opinions that are all over the map."

It's not the media. It's the fact that the media, particularly radio, lets these morons expose our education systems failures to the world. With the internet and live feed of broadcasts I suppose that that's the equal of short wave.

Now the whole world can tune in to the Stupid American Show Live.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

"Extreme insane right would be a severe overstatement. Oh sure, we have our extremely conservative Catholics (I know a few), extremely conservative Republicans (People listening to Mark Belling and agreeing with him), but most people I've met are pretty middle-of-the-road, agreeing with a few, but not all planks of either party's platform."

The religious zelots are the foot soldiers of the Republicans so they pander to their agenda. The ultra rich are the money men and they definitely pander to their interests. The middle of the road middle class is SOL.

"How about the supposition that peoples' attitudes fall in a bell-shaped curve, with most people right about in the happy middle, and the farther you go to either extreme, the fewer people you find."

Well obviously. But it's not how many people believe what, it's who's allowed to get access to the media. The right wing has a stranglelock on the mass media.

"The thing is in the US media is that the conservatives/Republicans make the most noise. The liberals/Democrats haven't followed up on that success, but they're learning. The Conservatives have many mouthpieces. The only liberal that comes immediately to mind to me is James Carville, and he's out there a ways in Lefty-Land, so much so that I don't read him other than VERY occassionally."

There's an noisy liberal media you just have to look for it. The Pacifica radio network is one. Eric

Reply to
Eric

To be honest (:-)) I know very little of Wisconsin in isolation from it's surrounding states - why should I, it's all a foreign country far away. I have looked specifically at some of your social legislation -Yup, you're extreme right wing nutters at your compassionate best.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

EWr. uh, wasn't a totally corrupt, drunk, red baiting withc hunter assh-le named Joe McCarthy from Wisconsin?

Look at it this way: Wisconsin has a LOT of expiation to do . . .

Reply to
E Litella

While we know little of New Zealand, except it seems to be a beautiful country inhabited by at least one loud mouthed twerp.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni