Re: Ho Engines Cheap!!!

Can't spell? That's DISEASELS :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

But . . . but . . . they're all DIESELS!!

Reply to
E Litella

Hey man, what is up?

Reply to
MrRathburne

Does WMD = Wreck Many Diseasels?

Reply to
Ken Rice

wearing fire retardent suit wrote: : Everything must go, no REASONABLE offer refused, all are HO sale, in new and : never run condition. : : : KATO : : SD45 undec. new run....qty. of 4......$70.00 each or all 4 for $250.00 plus : shipping : SD40-2 undec. mid-series snoot......qty. of 2.....$65.00 each or both for : $150.00 plus shipping : C44-9W undec. low number boards.....qty.of 3.....$70.00 each or all 3 for : 190.00 plus shipping : SD90MAC UP-8059.......$80.00 : : ATLAS : : GP38 HIGH HOOD....qty. of 2.....$70.00 each or both for $150.00 plus shipping : GP40 HIGH HOOD....qty. of 1......$70.00 : SD35 LOW HOOD.....qty. of 1....$70.00 : : I would take $250.00 plus shipping for all 4 ATLAS units : : : Proto 2000 : SD60......UP5961.....$50.00 : SD60......CNW8001.....$50.00 : SD60.....CSX8709.....$50.00 : SD60M....NS6775.....$60.00 : SD60M...UP6288.....$60.00 : : I would take $240.00 plus shipping for all 5 PROTO units : : I would take for the whole lot $900.00 and I'll pay shipping. : : Make an offer.....I may go for it. : : : Jjohn Binford : Warminster, Pa : : : :

Reply to
Michael Powell

Sorry guys I'm having problems with this email address. Not sure what the heck is going on.

As for why I'm getting rid of this stuff. Well lets say I need to pay off a few bills, and I also want to look into a new digital camera.

Been a while since I've made any posts, I thought I should take a break, let some wounds heal, and took a break from the trains. Alot has happened in the last few months and frankly trains have taken a back seat due to the lack of time to do any serious modeling. Its hit me pretty hard in a couple ways. I've lost touch with good friends, and lost touch with railfanning. I hope some day soon I can get back into it but for now its on the back burner. That said I do continue to buy some RTR freight and maybe a couple engines in the next couple months. I've been buying RTR made by Yesteryear Models which are Intermountain cars and some very nice paint scheme's. I've been thinking about chaing my eras of modeling,if I do then I'll be having one huge frieght sale. Lots of RTR, kits, and Undec. equipment.

John

Reply to
wearing fire retardent suit

Well mostly just dumping alot fo excess stuff off. I'm also thinking about changin eras to the transition era insted of modern era. I've really grown to enjoy the many paint schemes of the era and have been buying freight from this era lately.

I'm thinking about putting up all my modern era stuff for sale at very cheap prices so that I can make the change over.

As far as where have I been, well as most of you know I was unemployed for just over 11 months anf frankly it hit the wallet really hard. I was forced by my sense of family to take a break from trains for the most part. I also wanted to give a break here so as to try and let some wounds heal so we could all go on with life. The time since Feb 12 2002 has really been very hard for my family and I and I've just recently been hired in a new job that is looking like I'll be working for some time to come. Not even near what I wass making before but its a secure job and thats what matters right now.

john binford John Binford

Reply to
wearing fire retardent suit

Hey John. Good to see you back. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Do you really spell your name Jjohn?

Reply to
Rob K

Haven't you heard? Two of them were killed by US troops and their father is still on the run. Now if the Iraqi's can just pull together and get their prorities straight without the wacky religious extremisim creeping in they can work on being a productive and healthy nation and we can get the hell out of there. If not, they are doomed to letting some new nutcase in to run their country and we'll probably have to deal with him sometime in the future. And that's that.

Now back to the topic of this thread - buying Proto 2000 locomotives about 8 months to a year after they are released at train shows or on eBay seems to be the way to buy them. I bought 2 of their 0-8-0's when they first came out and paid $170 a piece. A year later I could buy all I wanted on eBay for $100. The "Limited Edition" label on the package just means they limit production to twice what they have advance orders for. There is not a single P2K locomotive I wanted that I could not have purchased for less than half list price a year after they came out. So that's the way I buy them now.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Common knowledge among educated, policy-making United Statesicans... I would be wary of judging US Foreign policy by exhibition of attitudes on r.m.r, just as I would hesitate to judge all Kiwis/Maoris by the posts I read here.

Well, we aim to please! And likewise you too, sir, continue to amaze...

Jeff Sc. Reciprocal Agreement, Ga.

Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.

Reply to
Jeff Sc.

Oh god, here comes Mr. F'ing perfect again..............

Only YOU "understand" things right?

Only YOU have perfect knowledge right?

Shut up and die, you are perfect so why try any more........................

Reply to
MrRathburne

No, I accept that I know very little of the place - it's just that some things are pretty obvious if you care to look beyond your national propaganda.

Actually, it's you claiming the perfect knowledge - I'm not trying to "improve" Iraq nor steal their oil. You lot are.

Take your own advice.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Jesus ******* Christ!

Is there no thread on this newsgroup that you "War in Iraq" mob can't leave alone?

I don't get upset very often but in the case PISS OFF!

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Would you believe the original Great Eastern Railway was where the apparatus for burning oil in steam engine fireboxes, was invented?

Stratford works has an oil-gas plant to produce oil for carriage lighing, and dumped the residue in the Thames. The powers that be objected, and James Holden came up with another use for it, inventing the steam atomiser that oil-burning steam locomotives use even now.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Christopher A. Lee"

, "Roger T."

Yeppers. Knew that.

The "Great Eastern Railway" in Canada was the major of the GER/LNER and later BR of the UK. As was the Pacific Great Eastern in BC. In the book "Great Eastern Railway, a History" (Out of print) it's explained how the management of British Railways thought it "Not politic" for a nationalised UK railway to be the majority shareholder in a Canadian railway company. Therefore, in 1948, BR's interests in the GER were sold equally to the CNR and CPR, Canada's two major railway companies. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Oh dear, that should have read "....major stockholder......"

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Now that interesting! If asked, I would have said I thought that oil-burning originated on a US railroad.

Chris, can you suggest a publication that has more details of this early work? And I take it that it's the same James Holden that was responsible for that amazing 0-10-0T?

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

No, actually I understand the situation quite well. Who can comment on what is going to happen in the future? Why don't we come back to the subject of Iraq in 3 years and see what the situation is?

Gregory, what does it say about you when you make a hateful statements like the one you did about yanks being ignorant and stupid? Why would you need to make a blanket statement like that about "Yanks" because you disagree with my position or even the position of a lot of people on this newsgroup? I would never insult you or your fine country by making a blanket statement like that.

And by the way why didn't anyone comment on the point I was making with the Proto 2000 locomotives?!? Why does everything political have to be an emotional hot button for everyone here? THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN HOBBY GUYS. I know it's my fault for responding to the WMD comment. Sorry guys.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Gregory you passed the test! Gentlemen, this is why I am writing in Gregory as our new governor.

the Chinese

quality is a breath

(in Germany).

batch size; some

others hang around

"need" because I don't

With Proto 2000 I believe the "Limited Edition" wording is just a ploy to sell locomotives in the first run. I know don't all manufacturers want to do that? Yes, but some don't have to put that on the boxes, like Kato. Don't all their runs sell out (except the SP & SF NW2's)?

CBix-it

Reply to
Charles Bix