Re: Site Update - Progress Report

"Jerry Barnes" wrote in news:GHQLa.29268$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Bobby > > You can make a (riser) T and screw into sub roadbed from underneath > one or both sides of the T. > > To make a T: > > Use a 1x2 or 1x3 depending on the width of the sub roadbed. Make the > top of the T from plywood and screw down through the plywood into the > 1x2 or 1x3 to attach the two together. Attach the T to the cross > stanchion of you frame work at least every 18". Make the riser

longer

to establish your grade. > > Jerry F. Barnes > >
> >| "Jerry Barnes" >| >| > Bobby >| > >| > Nice start on your bench work. >| > >| > One suggestion is that, should you use riser to attach the road bed >| or >| > layout surface use screw to attach them from underneath, so that >| when >| > you need to relocate or modify something under the layout you won't >| > have to tear up your scenery or track to relocate or modify >| something >| > under you layout. >| > >| > Jerry F. Barnes >| > >| >

However,

| I'm not quite sure how I would screw the sub roadbed to the risers >| from underneath when doing a grade? >| >| Thanks, >| Bobby > > >

Hi Jerry... Thanks for the "How-to" tip... Much appreciated! In fact, I seem to have come to a standstill with the layout up to this point. I think it is for fear that I botch it up and then have to do it all over again. Of course that pain in the butt we call "making a living" is getting in the way also, taking up my valuable hobby time :-( But I think the break away for a bit will have positive effects when I do get back in the train room and start to lay roadbed and track... I'll keep you posted as soon as I begin to make headway...

Take care, Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Thistle