Re: SV: SV: Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ jisnowep

, please remember that

> there have only been two nations since ww1 that have deployed nerve gases in > > war, Iraq and the USA (vietnam) so the whole thing strikes me as being > > hypocritical in the extreme. When I was working as a psychiatric nurse in > > the sixties I saw an old man die of injuries that he received during ww1 , > > his lungs were badly damaged by mustard gas it wasnt pretty and he'd > > suffered horribly for all 40 years since the end of the war , so I dont have > > any positive feelings for any military that retains such accursed weapons. > > Beowulf > > > > > > > The US never deployed nerve agents in Viet Nam; that lie has been debunked! > A simple Google search found these links. The last two links concern the > Communist News Networks retraction of the bogus story. "Peter > Arnett"...where, oh where have I heard that name before? > >
-- > Brian Ehni > >

Regardless of what "debunking" you may have seen, I had in my grubby hands, clearly marked, nerve gas rounds for my M-79 during my time in vietnam. They were no harder to get than WP rounds, although I don't know of anyone who actually had the balls to fire one off. Additionally, everyone in my detachment was required to carry atropine syrettes. Charlie had no nerve gas so why did we carry those? I was at Phu Cat airbase as part of a signal corp unit, running over the horizon troposcatter microwave comm lines.

John H.

Reply to
jhumphre

Clearly marked with gray paint and the letters "CS" no doubt. Nerve agents have NEVER been produced in the US army in anything less than 81mm mortar or

4.2" mortar size.

I happen to also know first hand.

12 years as an Infantry Officer, many times Nuclear, Chemical & Biological officer.
Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Now THAT sounds like something a presidential candidate would have said last month. I bet you are also guilty of war crimes and atrocities, JFK said you were. I also was in RVN and saw NO nerve agents. Oh by the way, I was there 2 years and had an assortment of weaponry and the nearest to a war crime I am guilty of was the celebration when Hanoi Jane's marriage fell apart. How about you?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Pray tell what nerve agent was it? You should certainly know since you're so positive that's what it was!

Reply to
C.O.Jones