Re: Trainfest 2004

Pictures of some traction layouts. Roger Aultman

Re: the Northwest layout (first six pics). Did you notice as I did that Eric wasn't there, nor was his Sheridan Elms module part of the layout?

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

I especially liked photos 9 & 10 (of course I'm predjudiced ).

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Thanks Don I always look forward to the tracton layouts. Roger

Reply to
Roger Aultman

What are the two PC units in the last pic?

Is the catenary's Penn style?

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

First, thanks also to Roger for the pics.

"What are the two PC units in the last pic? Is the catenary's Penn style? Jim Stewart

Also I'm glad to answer Jim's questions...the layout is mine...Acela Express/NEC Portable Layout. The two electrics are E-33s by Bachmann. Only one was PC, the other models a Conrail "patch".

Yes, the catenary is Pennsy style. Its made mostly of brass H shapes using formed wire sections from Model Memories. Sorry, I don't believe in powering from the overhead...the catenary is just expensive scenery. In fact it is the most expensive part of the layout. Second expense is probably the cases the layout travels in.

Next scheduled display is the Amherst Big Show in January, up in Massachusetts...yes, I drive from Chicago in the dead of winter!!! I must be insane. I'm still toying with the December WGH Travelling Show in Jersey. Finding help during set-up is the biggest challenge.

David Harrison

David Harrison

Ah, I knew it was too new for me.

Looks fantastic. I plan to do the same. about 40 feet multi track I have a trains mag that shows the double track from Harrison to the tunnels as left and right single track masts. Did you see the NH layout in MR using film to protect the pants from sliding wear? Have you done anything about signals and know where some good pics are?

I am out here in DeKalb. Do you go to Dupage monthly junkfest? Buy you a hotdog if you want to compare notes.....

Havent been East in five years. Grew up in Bergen County....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart