Re: War is hell

I guess the new American thought is that it is ok for us to break the Geneva convention<

I think this is probably nothing new for most all countries engaged in war. What is different now is the internet, digital cameras, and the ability to send a picture (to anyone) in minutes. I knew a Sargent, who worked at Lebenworth(sp), when I was in the reserves. Boy he had some stories, era '60s! We do it, they do it, everybody does it. The problem is rapid communications and technical equipment to record it, in modern society. Anyone want to take a bet our military will ban (try to ban) digital cameras?

In one of the news discussions it was stated than in WWI if you (regular troopers) had a camera you could be shot. Anyone know if this is true?

Reply to
Jon Miller

You probably aren't very good at thinking.

You do it, you do it, they retaliate.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I can hear the commanding officers reprimanding the men right now. They are getting reemed out, not for doing what they did, but for being stupid enough to get caught "...men when I was in your place back in Nam, we would never be so careless as to let ourselves be photographed, you were trained better than that....."

Reply to
<Will

Please post off-topic thoughts in a more appropriate forum. It's safe to say we're all frustrated with current events, but this is not the generally accepted place for discussion.

Regards Greg

Reply to
Greg

I seriously doubt that Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

With or without the photographs and being officially caught out, one must assume that the Iraqi people have a fair idea of what is going on. The chances are that such inhumane treatment is only going to strengthen their resolve to boot out the US. The conflict can only continue to escalate until the US public wants out. At that point the obvious is going to happen - the strongest Iraqi faction surviving will take control and another "Hussein" will become the repressive dictator.

All the US will have achieved is a bloodbath in Iraq and a younger dictator.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

And maybe an Islamic fundamentalist which is what we least want.

Reply to
Jon Miller

If that is the case, he will be able to "serve" his people longer than Madman Hussain.

Reply to
<Will

I don't know - will the US support him the way they did Hussein?

Reply to
Gregory Procter

It's Iraq for God's sake, why should they get what WE want? Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

``````` Ah, a voice of reason.

I'm with you, Greg. When will some of these knuckle heads get a clue?

(Give me a well moderated group ANY day...well not too well moderated, but you know what I mean!)

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy

Only if he cuts them the same oil deal as Sadam did.

Reply to
<Will

You want a well moderated group, you have come to the wrong place. You cannot limit access to a free public newsgroup.

Reply to
<Will