Red Ball stuff

Anybody old enough to remember the kits and parts sold by Redball in the 50s??? Some strange stuff indeed!!!

Fxxy

Reply to
GMN199

THAT'S the kind of "stuff" our yahoo list is interested in that I referenced in my other post regarding your question on "for sale" stuff.

FWIW, Red Ball has been available as late as the 1990's, may still be around today. Over the years they've had probably half a dozen different owners.

A lot of "Cannonball Car Shops" models are plastic versions of Reb Ball diecasts.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Strange? Strange is no caboose. Strange is no engineer in most of the engines on a train. Strange is no passenger trains. Strange is now.

Redball is good/

Will Snapping gums shut.

Reply to
wseehorn

Hi:

I have some M. Dale Newton, RedBall cars dating back to the early fifty's. Some, including CannonBall Car Shops and Hometown Structures, are available in limited production from the Model Railroad Warehouse:

Unfortunately the trucks were sold to Cape Line by Howell Day and are apparently not available.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Budb

Author of:

MODELRAILROAD TECHNICAL INFORMATION

PROTOTYPE TECHNICAL INFO FOR MODELRAILROADERS

Moderator of:

MR TECHNICAL HELP GROUP

COUPLER HELP GROUP

budb

Day and are apparently not available.< They are now being all redone (not sure if metal or plastic) by whoever now owns the molds. I've seen them advertised but have forgotten who. They are a little pricey but for certain trucks the only game in town.

Reply to
Jon Miller

I like the Pullman Standard two axle top equalized ones. Neat-looking trucks.

Does anyone know if DG (?) or maybe it was DM (?) Models is still making the Pullman triple bolster passenger trucks?

Reply to
Froggy

the Pullman triple bolster passenger trucks?< Yes they are available and talked about often on the passenger car list. It's D & G Models. In the Yahoo passenger car group files section are comments and pictures of the various type they make. I don't believe they have a web site.

Reply to
Jon Miller

BC models

Has some of the former red Ball and other kits and truckis available. Roger Aultman

Reply to
Roger Aultman