Removable track connections

What's the best method of connecting tracks between removable sections? I'd thought about bending the track connectors so that the
top part was bent up. This would make it a U-shaped connector, so that the track can lift up, but not move from side to side. Or is there a better method. I'd hate to try to reinvent the wheel....
Thanks.
Sam
Sam wrote:

We undercut one end so the joiner can slide all the way on. then we solder both joiners on the other end. You slide the soldered end on, drop the other end in place and slide the joiners to connect.
Sam wrote:

Feel free to invent a better wheel! :-)
I use 120mm long removable straight sections of (ballasted) track across each join, with the sleeper fixings cut back so that the fishplates can slide fully onto the removable section. I taper the trackbed down by about 1mm so that a fraction of vertical misalignment can be catered for without breaking the bridging track. I have three categories of exception, but using the same concept: - location specific bridging pieces where the join is on a curve. - Atlas rerailer sections as bridging pieces in my hidden staging yard. - Fleischmann extendable track sections (80-120mm) for my modular baseboards for occassions where others might have elastic tape measures.
Regards, Greg.P.
Your basic idea is good but I'd tend to mill out some little U shaped pieces to sue as joints in the case of lift out sections and so forth. You also don't want to trust the connection at the rail for power but rather setup a connector on one side that you plug into when the lift comes down. For removable track sections between modules, the usual method is to just leave a soldered on railjoiners on the module track and slide in the section before clamping the modules solidly together.