Track Color

I've finished Tamiya's Me-262. Now to the tractor. Does anyone know what color paint is correct for the tracks. I have a couple 1/48 armor kits in my stash from Bandai I may breakout
later.
Dick...
-- attributed to Edmund Burke, Irish political philosopher, 1770

too clean for burke.
: : Now to the tractor. : Does anyone know what color paint is correct for the tracks. :     I would paint the tracks with Testor's Buffable Titanium Metalizer. The track pads would be tire black, or any other very dark grey/gray.
    After that, add your mud, grass, dirt, etc. to the weathering. I'd be very sparing with rust, since these tracks were in use, so any rust would generally be surface rust, and gone about as soon as the vehicle moved. Also, the track/ wheel surface would be fairly clean, with dried mud, some dirt and rubber build up being the main weathering.
    Don't forget to highlight the sprockets teeth, track guide teeth and rims with silver, where there was metal to metal contact.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
on 10/8/2009 12:21 AM (ET) Bruce Burden wrote the following:

I would go easy on the dirt, mud, and grass since these tractors were used on paved airstrips for the most part. If you are going to muddy the tracks, like towing the planes from hidden parking in the wooded areas, then the plane needs the same muddied tires. I would just weather the tractor with paint fading, wear, chipping, and stains and, like you said, some rust on the track parts, that when moving, don't contact other parts.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY