Replacement flat wire cable for Lionel equiptment

I recently was going thru boxes of old lionel 027 turnouts and uncoupling tracks that are nearly 50 years old and find that the original rubber insulation is crumbling. Are 3 and 4 wire flat replacement cables commercially available at local electrical suppliers? If not, any links to internet sites that carry such.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Lungshot1

It's readily available. I find it at my local pusher's (hobby shop) as well as train shows. Look for TCA events

Will

- - - - - - - Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot.

Reply to
wseehorn

Ed wrote: I recently was going thru boxes of old lionel 027 turnouts and uncoupling tracks that are nearly 50 years old and find that the original rubber insulation is crumbling. Are 3 and 4 wire flat replacement cables commercially available at local electrical suppliers? If not, any links to internet sites that carry such.

----------------------------------------------------- George Tebolt Train Parts:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

uncoupling

rubber

cables commercially

internet sites

Ed,

If you can't find it anywhere else, you can order replacement wire directly from Lionel's web site. Select 'Replacement Parts' under the 'Customer Service' section, the select 'Wire and Tubing' as the "Search in Category". All currently in stock wire will be listed.

The part numbers for the 3 and 4 conductor cables are:

3-Conductor Wire, 6SP-0003-0CW, $0.40 ft

4-Conductor Wire, 6SP-0004-0CW, $0.50 ft

-- Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len

To everyone who gave me a lead on this...thanks. I will put this on my hobby to do list.

Ed

Reply to
Lungshot1