RIP DK&B Railways

Sad news: For those that didn't know, DK&B Railway's last day of operation as a brick-and-mortar shop is today, Sunday February 26, 2006. Keith Bergman will maintain a web presence, mostly as a portal to ordering from Walther's. Don't know about him being able to order from Horizon or other vendors, though. That doesn't leave a decent train shop on central NJ. There's the shop up in Dunellen, but that's hardly close to the Trenton and Mercer county area.

Forget Z&Z in Mercerville - very little in HO, mostly O Gauge, and that's about it for their train stuff. Mostly ship, car and plane models. And they still have the same crappy attitude as when they were Iron Horse.

I'm not too sanguine about web ordering model railroad stuff, particularly engines and rolling stock. Worried about shipping damage, as UPS in my area isn't exactly known as delivering stuff without some damage. And they don't do Saturday delivery.

Reply to
Jack