RP 25 Wheels and Tillig Elite Tracks

Has anybody experiences using RP 25 wheelsets on european style Tillig Elite HO scale track? Are there any problems with engines and cars, especially on
turnouts?
Thanks, Mike
You might want to compare the NMRA's track standards against the European standards. I think that you will find that the RP-25 wheels will work just fine on the European track. The big problem will be gaps at the frog and so forth where the wide flangeway will allow the wheel to drop down a bit but then the turnouts made by all the manufacturers are using a very wide gauge on the track through the frog and thus the flangeways are abysmally wide even on the American track.
Bob May wrote: [...]

There is.
For an interesting romp through some environmental topics, read Michael Crichton's "State of Fear." It is a well researched thriller with a strong point of view about eco-terrorism and the "science" behind environmental catastrophes.
I'm not advocating its point of view, since it is a novel designed to sell books, and Mr. Crichton has as much an ax to grind as anyone, but it is an interesting look at that political world.
Ed
in article JGKAd.26123$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com, Wolf Kirchmeir at snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote on 12/29/04 7:35 PM:

--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

Actually, there isn't. There is a thinning of the Ozone but not a full hole like the South Pole has each year. Now go figure out why! It will suprise you. -- Why isn't there an Ozone Hole at the NORTH Pole?
Bob May wrote:

There is no "hole" at the south pole either - just a thinning. The "hole" is a media invention - you know, real scientific talk is "too difficult" for the Ordinary Person, so we'll talk down to him (or her.)
The thinning is greater at the south pole, AFAIK (that's why it was discovered there first), but I don't know why.
When did the holes first appear (not when they were discovered).

On 1/2/05 7:24 PM, in article m91Cd.742714$mD.474388@attbi_s02, "Paul

Now, how in heck would anyone know that!
--
Brian Ehni

So they could have been there for many millions of years?
Paul
Paul Newhouse wrote:

The Flintstones might be knocking on your front door right now! The change in the amount of ozone is the worrying point. As I live in one of the few reasonably densely populated* countries in the lower part of the southern hemisphere, I can assure you that the incidence of skin cancer and eye problems related to reduced atmosphere is increasing rapidly. *densely populated to a level where each such individual event has a minimal effect on the average.
Regards, Greg.P.
Gregory Procter wrote:

Ah, but is the incidence of skin cancer and eye problems really related to reduced atmosphere or is it related to 1. people living longer than they did in the past or 2. people having more leisure time and spending more hours at the beach (particularly when they were younger 1950s) or 3. Better medical detection ?
When I was a kid, we didn't hear much about skin cancer, cataracts, or such, but people living into their 80s and 90s were also rare. Many of the older folks never had time to spend on the beach when they were young, and if they did, the customs of the times called for them to be much, much more covered up. Many were shielded from the sun by a constant cloud of coal smoke :).
Not to say that the global climatic condition is not suspect; it is. Proving cause and effect is another thing altogether.
Regards,
DAve
DaveW wrote:

Our sheep now get skin cancers and eye problems, and their life span is greatly reduced because everyone wants lamb rather than mutton.

Many more people worked outside in the past - a bulldozer replaces about 100 labourers - a farmer on a bike replaces about 6 men on horses - a farmer in a helicopter replaces a hundred men on horses - a fork-lift replaces a dozen men loading railway wagons etc etc.

The global warming condition is suspect??? It's here now and it's going to worsen year by year for the next century even if we cut carbon dioxide emissions by 50% right now and hold that level.
It's not so difficult in NZ because we don't dry-clean our sheep! We can measure the warming effect just by sticking a thermometer in the sea.
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:13:38 +1300, Gregory Procter

Take a look at the way they dressed, though. We have a series of photographs taken over an 80 year period on farms in the southeastern United States. Back in the Thirties, men wore hats with brims and long-sleeved shirts when they worked outdoors, just as doctors recommend today for protection from the effects of solar radiation.
Cheery Littlebottom wrote:

I'm sure you think we're peasants with no ability to measure solar radiation here in NZ, but you would be wrong. The solar radiation level has increased markedly in the last 25 years. We are quite a long way from the "hole", but the edges of that hole taper and we're suffering from the effects of that ozone taper. Every five years we borrow NASA's U2 (I was involved ten odd years back) and in between times we use ordinary weather ballons with locally developed measuring equipment.
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:39:09 +1300, Gregory Procter

Err...having worked with scientists and Engineers from NZ, I'm well aware of your capabilities...

So, what causes the hole? And what is it's periodic function?
Cheery Littlebottom wrote:

I leave that to the relevant scientists.

worsen year by year for the next century even if we cut carbon dioxide emissions by 50% right now and hold that level., I really don't worry much about any of this environmental stuff. I subscribe to the Buckminster Fuller thoughts on mother earth. When it gets enough of the problems it will eliminate the cause of the problems, i.e. humans!
Jon Miller wrote:

Those of us living on islands tend to be a little more touchy on the subject - the flaw of the Buckminster-Fuller viewpoint is that the smart and knowledgable humans will be the first ones eliminated.
On 1/3/05 12:48 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz, "Gregory

Ah. Smart and knowledgeable people only live on islands! Perhaps those "knowledgable" (sic) people should try spell checking!
--
Brian Ehni

Brian Paul Ehni wrote:

Exactly - we become smart and knowledgeable (ouch) when our feet get wet!

Damn MS spell-checker attempts to correct so many already correct words and accepts so many incorrectly used words that those of us with wet feet tend to turn it off!
Regards, Greg.P.