Scale Dimensions and Use

Hello fellow model railroad enthusiats out there,

I've been sort of wanting to get back into model RRing but right now I lack the space (in an apartament). Trainz is a fun program to play around in until I get a real setup, but lately I have had the idea of making a Pov-Ray

include file which contained model railroad elements for modelling scenes, such as peices of track, train models, etc.

It is just in the design phase but my first hurdle is needing the dimensions for HO scale. I don't have the track here with me and was hoping someone could direct me to a website that would have them (google wasn't turning up much). I wanted to use a real model railroad scale so that when I do have the space to setup a model railroad, I can use the scene I create in Pov-Ray to help me plan (rudmentary as it may be).

I was curious, however...looking in the Internet I noticed that there are MANY more scales than I remember. Is there a site that outlines their use? I have always used HO as far back as I can remember, but has it been superceaded by something else?

Thanks for all the help!

Tim S.

Reply to
Tim Soderstrom

[...]

Whoa...sorry about the spam. Sylpheed told me it failed to send the first two and then abruptly closed the message window. Whoops.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Soderstrom

Tim S. wrote: I was curious, however...looking in the Internet I noticed that there are MANY more scales than I remember. Is there a site that outlines their use? I have always used HO as far back as I can remember, but has it been superceaded by something else?

----------------------------------------------------- Here are two sites with scales and gauges info and explanations:

Chris Coleman's site:

The Hobby Barn:

History of N Scale: