Semi-Automated Track Laying (Full-Scale)

http://www.wimp.com/traintrack /
Probably somewhere in Europe, but any guesses as to where exactly?
~Pete

"Twibil" wrote in message

Belgium - you can see the Belgium Railways logo, a "B" enclosed in a circle, (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMBS/SNCB ) on a couple of the vehicles and also on the loco near the end of the sequence.

Thanx, John!
I saw the "B" but had no idea what it meant.
~Pete

---------------------- Bundeswehr
--
Never underestimate the stupidity of a know-it-all.

Thanx, Lobby!
But over here we pronounce it "Budweiser".
~Pete

Thanx, Lobby!
But over here we pronounce it "Budweiser".
~Pete
---------------------------------------------------------- Friends don't let friends drink Bud!

Where can I get one of those track laying consists for my HO layout?
None wrote:

I don't know of any source for this exact equipment, but similar, item by item, are available for much of it. Mostly these come from Custom Finishing as soft metal kits. A few other track "crabs" have been made by other suppliers. Somebody had a Placer alignment/tamper machine.
What's missing are rail-train cars, and tie cars (both modified flatcars), ballast cleaners, and rail grinders. The latter two are almost entire trains in their own right.
Few things in railroading are more impressive than a large rail grinding train at work ... especially at night. It looks something like a cross between the 4th-of-July and a volcano. At night it's an unholy glow with lots of sparks. By day it's mostly vast clouds of reddish dust.
Dan Mitchell ===========

Liliput do at least a Plasser & Theurer Track Tamping Machine in HO; pop and look at http://tinyurl.com/36tqmhj - I can't find the Kibri web site at the moment. I've seen a lot of these 'yellow things' in German model shops, and not just by Kibri.
Bachman have re-packaged some HO models of track machines as OO, which is cheating somewhat. I think they are the same models as the Liliput ones.

N scale version is also available. http://www.tee-usa.com/store/product751.html
I have one and I'm in a process of shoe-horning a DCC decoder and installling headlights. BTW, that is not a Kato model (as it is mentioned). There is nothing "Kato" about that model. It is some other manufacturer making it for Hobbytrain.
Peteski
On 8/11/2010 1:08 PM danmitch spake thus:

I think you meant to type "Plasser". I used to see a lot of their equipment along various ROWs.

oops - I just posted that elsewhere erroniously decsribed as in the Netherlands

I copied it to a UK group, consensus is Belgian.
Splendid machine. Want one!
Regards
Mike