Track laying train vid

Think its in Holland

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Fascinating! I think it's in Belgium, a couple of the units have the SNCB logo on their side. The "Railway Magazine" has recently reported that Network Rail have been relaying the Settle & Carlisle overnight using a "lay your own track" machine; probably not dissimilar to the one shown above and in this month's edition there is a picture of the Airdrie - Bathgate line being relaid in similar fashion. (As an aside, the S&C is now nearly all continuous welded rail and the down line north of Appleby - which was jointed track two years ago - is now definitely welded).

Hope this helps,

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

The machinery had both French & Dutch instructions and the graffiti was in English. I reckon that with the Belgian Loco makes it Belge.

Reply to
Sailor