A bit of London nostalgia

I saw this link posted on another group:

or
It's a wonderfully nostalgic collection of film clips shot in and around King's Cross in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

The first part is mainly road traffic - it's fun trying to identify all the cars and trucks, many of which have recently been reissued in model form. Most of the clips are of assorted passenger and goods trains and light engines going about their daily business. The locos looked pretty scruffy, apart from an immaculate "Mallard" heading an Ian Allan Locospotters Special. There's the odd shot of a diseasel, but the vast majority were authentic smoke-belching, steam-spitting beasts. King's Cross station had quite a different atmosphere in those days! And, of course, at the platform ends there was the inevitable gaggle of young trainspotters.

Reply to
MartinS

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

Dezzi

Reply to
Dezzi

And remarkably little of it, when you come down to it.

Reply to
bobharvey