Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum

The Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum starts its seventh season of trolley rides May 6.
Take a fifteen minute ride back in time on the beautifully restored
trolley No. 10. Restored in 1999, this car was built in 1896 and carried freight and passengers between Shelburne Falls and Colrain, Mass. until 1926. This wooden, electrically-powered car crossed the Deerfield River on a concrete bridge that is now known as the Bridge of Flowers.
The museum's newly remodeled Visitors Center has pictures of the bridge and other local scenes in its trolley days, a display of the restoration process that brought this rare car back to life, a Kids Corner with wooden and electric toy trains and the TrolleyShop store with books, magazines and gift items. The museum also features a caboose and steam engine that can be explored, and an old-fashioned pump car that is often available for rides.
The museum is operated by volunteers and will be open every weekend and holidays from 11am to 5pm, until November 6. Additionally, in July and August, the museum will be open from 1pm to 5pm on Mondays. The museum may be open by chance at other times and special arrangements can be made for field trips or parties.
Tickets are $2.50 for adults, $1.25 for children 6-12 and free for kids 5 and under.
14 Depot Street (near Salmon Falls Artisans Showroom) Shelburne Falls MA USA 413-625-9443 www.sftm.org
--
Bill Kaiser
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.