short in engine

I have a 1989 Lionel engine (Iron Horse Freight) that is causing my transformer circuit breaker to trip. I have checked the track, wire and everything else and the only problem I can find is that the engine is causing the breaker to trip. (I took the leads and turned the engine over to see if it would run) Is there anything I can check on the engine that might be causing it? It will run and then all of a sudden stop, I pick up the engine and lightly shake it around and it will start to work again for a while. I did do a search in the google news group search engine and did not find anything that would help me on this subject. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
qa2

qa2 wrote: I have a 1989 Lionel engine (Iron Horse Freight) that is causing my transformer circuit breaker to trip. I have checked the track, wire and everything else and the only problem I can find is that the engine is causing the breaker to trip. (I took the leads and turned the engine over to see if it would run) =A0 Is there anything I can check on the engine that might be causing it? It will run and then all of a sudden stop, I pick up the engine and lightly shake it around and it will start to work again for a while. I did do a search in the google news group search engine and did not find anything that would help me on this subject. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------- Perhaps one of these sites will have the info you need:

Toy Trains Info:

Toy Trains FAQ:
You might want to join the Train Collectors Association's E-Mail List (you don't need to be a TCA member to join):

A good book, "Toy Train Repair Made Easy":

There are numerous helpful toy train and model railroading books on my bookstore pages. Many are up to 30% off and there is free shipping on orders over $25:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill