Something For The Voyeur!

. . . of trains! What did you think I meant?

I'm sure this link has been posted before and in spite of that, here it is again for your enjoyment. Some of the train videos are quite long but the detail . . . well, judge for yourself.

Enjoy!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Erm, you *DO* know that this has now become a paid site and that most of us can't/won't use it for that reason, right?

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Sorry, mate. I use Firefox which logs me in automatically and I forgot. Forgive me?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Why shore, pardner! (Grins)

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Too expensive Niche541

Reply to
NICHE541

Firefox is free! No kidding!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Firefox is not too expensive I use it myself. the website with the pictures is 40 dollars a year and that is too expensive just to look at some pictures. John

Reply to
NICHE541

John, I knew what you were referring to. I was having a laugh and hoped you'd join in. The cost is for the bandwidth. Each of the movies is around 10Mbytes (some much higher) and if 100 people download just a few of them per month you can imagine the fees the account holder would pay. Now that this is established for the purpose of this discussion, his actual download would most likely be 1000 users per month. Let's just guess that each user downloads or views just 10 movies each. His download limits could be overrun by quite a bit unless he chooses his hosting site very carefully.

I can truly understand why anyone would think that $40.00 a year is just beyond sensible spending for the images but it's certainly not too much and not at all expensive when you compare it to $300.00 per locomotive or the cost of your layout.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

However, it's still expensive when compared to the fact that I can hike a mile or two down the canyon behind my home and watch trains all day long for free if I so desire.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

or the fact that many of "our model Railroads, seem more realistic

Reply to
BleuRaeder

Yes, but can you watch the Tehachepi Loop from the comfort of your computer chair? Can you then zoom to Arizona in less than a minute?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

A. My computer chair isn't comfortable. If it were, I'd spend too much time in it.

B. Tehachepi is only an hour away. By way of Cajon Pass. I *live* on Beaumont Hill/Whitewater Pass.

C. Who wants to zoom to Arizona anyway? };^P

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Oh, but mine surely is. It has to be. It'd be in the scrap heap otherwise.

I lived in San Diego and Escondido for a number of years before moving to Australia. I miss being an hour away from such sites as those in their movies. I did say that it's not for everybody but for the price, I can hardly complain about seeing railroads in action on demand. All the way from Australia, too!

Just for when you need to fry eggs on the hood of your car. Saves energy. Know what I mean?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Once a year I could take a vacation and videotape rail movements if that was my thing. I did videotape movements at the Tehachepi loop several years ago. When I got home I waited a couple of years before I viewed it again. when I did it was extremely boring. Being there was part of the interest and excitement.. Going to Chama,NM is always exciting to me and I do look at the still photographs and videos that I took but I can't smell the coal smoke and feel the heat off of the locomotive. Maybe it is the difference between Diesel and Steam. Point being I will take my $40 and add it to my travel fund.I can see all of the arguments coming. Easy accessibility of videos etc. John Hubbard

Reply to
NICHE541