Time to re-evalulate those old Mantua steamers!

And FREE! shipping !!!! How can a body pass that up??

Reply to
The Seabat

It is interesting to note that the seller lists it as an unopened "kit" while showing a fully assembled model.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Well, there's one born every minute, and this seller is apparently hoping to find one of them.

Reply to
Twibil

I and some others contacted the seller. His offer mentions he has recevied no questions about this item. It is now start bid $95, buy it now $295. It was originally, start $295 buy it now $695.

Rich

Well the seller dropped the starting and Buy It now prices quite a lot. I and a couple others I know contacted the seller. The page says, No questions for this item. $95 instead of $295 $295 instead of $695. Oh, no bidders yet.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Hmmm. No questions he wants anyone to know about, anyway.

I wonder if he'll figure it out when he doesn't get any bids...

There's one poor old guy who's been trying trying to flog a Westside S.P. GS-6 on ebay for over a year now with an opening bid of $599 (He started out at $799.) and who just can't seem to get his mind around the idea that his opening bid price is twice as much as these locos are selling for.

Oh well.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

I have some old Mantua couplers for sale. Since they, like me, are antiques I have to ask $150.00 for each set.

Reply to
None

But the couplers still function.....

;-0