TMRC Open House, Cambridge MA

The Tech Model Railroad Club of M.I.T. will be holding its fall Open House on Saturday, Nov 22 from 2:00 to 5:00pm and 7:00 to 10:00pm, in room N52-118 at

265 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge (downstairs from the MIT Museum and across the street from the former Necco factory). Admission is free. Visitors can park in the lot across Windsor Street from the rear of the building.

Not a lot of scenery as yet but our technology may be of interest!

See our web site at

.

Reply to
John Purbrick

"Not a lot of scenery as yet"!! John what are you saying? We have a major city with most of the buildings (scratch built) and streets in place and its mind blowingly big! We have a suburban mill town with an exquisite scratch-built station inspired by the B&O Point-of-Rocks facility. What I think John meant was, there is a lot of scenery yet to go. Its only been 6 years since we had to move from our old home of 50 years, and the track work and electrical people have been miles ahead of the scenery as happens at most clubs.

The electronic technology is first class and amazing. Its the MIT answer to DCC. "Look Ma, no receivers!" and a dispatcher CRT just like the prototype, with train numbers no less.

Regards,

Andrew S. Miller

Reply to
Andrew S. Miller

Sorry. Andy is notable as the person who can build fine-looking structures in minimal time (as opposed to some of the rest of us, who may have our talents, but we can make geological processes seem speedy). There are indeed some nice buildings on our layout, but what I referred to really meant that we still have plenty of plywood on show! Which is a constant inspiration to us all, of course.

Reply to
John Purbrick