Trains carrying rails

Heh!
One of the guys in our club has modeled exactly that: An S.P. SD40-2 with a barbeque taking place on the front porch.
I'll forward this on to him and he'll probably be tickled pink.
Thanx!
~Pete
On 4/28/2010 7:38 PM bladeslinger spake thus:

Do you happen to know whereabouts this rail was all headed? I wonder if it might be to the Bay Area, where UP has a massive ROW maintenance project underway, at least in the parts of Oakland and Berkeley that I hang around.

You think they get rail all the way from Atlanta?
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:41:19 -0700, David Nebenzahl

I doubt seriously that it's off the Norfolk Southern system. As a general rule, M.O.W. cars are not interchangable, because most of them violate the 40 year rule.
Freight cars over 40 years old have to be removed from revenue service, and can only be used within the system for company materials moves, and can not be interchanged with other railroads. I'm betting the welded rail trains fall under this rule too.